Recommendation for Bathroom in Melbourne

Hi,

I have a 2 bedroom unit in Malvern (in Melbourne) that I live in. My bathrooms is really old and ugly (a 1950's unit). I would like to renovate it - any recommendations for good bathroom renovators?

PS - I am not very handy at all. I realize DIY will save much money for me, but in my case its not an option.

I don't know any good ones, but would love to hear of some.

I went to 'The Melbourne Bathroom Centre'. They quoted something crazy like $28k for my tiny 50's bathroom.

I just did a huge bathroom reno- the room was 4m*2.5m ( a bedrom I converted in '01 o a bathroom - which involved pulling out the tiles on 3 walls - resealing and retiling refitting everything and repainting - I will add before and after photos below - Metropole Renovations did it for me cost was $15k. The result and standard was excellent. The green photo is the old bathroom. Reno done in 2001 - however due to ground movement the mebrane 'broke' and flooded kitchen below - also seems having 6 overseas uni students in the house meant the reno didnot last as long as it should of.

If you are looking for a fantastic project manager in Syd with a whole team and amazing rates - check out HomeProjetz Kade Hancock. ( no I have no financial affiliation with either - Metropole managers my property down in Melb town)

PS the vanity has been replaced with a 1200mm ceaser stone top vanity since photos.

Hope this helps
Jane

Attachments

• Current bathroom.JPG
    Current bathroom.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 259
  • bath.jpg
    bath.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 234
  • Current shower.JPG
    Current shower.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 257
g'day guys, just stumbled across this thread and am willing to put my hand up..im a carpenter from mornington and would be more than happy to do a couple of quotes for you both if your still in the hunt?

Hi,

I have a 2 bedroom unit in Malvern (in Melbourne) that I live in. My bathrooms is really old and ugly (a 1950's unit). I would like to renovate it - any recommendations for good bathroom renovators?

PS - I am not very handy at all. I realize DIY will save much money for me, but in my case its not an option.

Any pictures or update to show what you have in this unit?

I have a very good and solid renovator on call. Not a plumber but he has a contact who does the connections etc for a reasonable price. Message me and I'll send you his details if you want.

I'm not sure about the bathroom renovation companies. Like kitchen renovators I think they add a fair percentage. My man doesn't design from the base up. Just does a good reno job imho.

Hi Peoples,

Read with interest your bathroom situations.

I am a plasterer and painter with with a diploma in building inspection.

I work in with a carpenter/builder and we have completed a few kitchen/bathroom refurbs together in the past.

He is fairly meticulous in his endeavours and is highly worth recommendation.

Although quite busy, I am just finishing a project in Malvern now ( near Cabrini ) and am available for discussion.... although I am currently booked for about 4 weeks ( and like to keep it that way !!! ) are we able to post mobile numbers here ?? here's a go.... 0423 629 678.

If you have heaps of money and also want to enjoy your life, then pay a middle man ("bathroom renovator" or similar) to organise every thing for you. It can easily cost you more than 3-4 times. If you want to save some hard earned money then you can organise your own reno: buy your own vanity, toilet set, taps, bath tub (if need a new one) and tiles (tilers usually happy to pick them up from tile shops), then get few quotes from tilers with waterproffing licence and plumbers. Last step is to get new shower screen (we got it from Regency in Brisbane, including installation, cheaper then buying from Bunnings, also got a free mirror).

We just had a small bathroom (around 5 m2) renovated. A bathroom renovator wanted 15K (including new vanity, bathtub, toilet set, tiles and shower screen, excluding painting). I asked if I just get the shower done, how much he would charge. He said 11K. So I gave him a miss. Another bathroom renovator quoted 11K (I have to buy everything). So I went to Bunnings and bought a vanity, toilet set and taps and arranged a plumber to install it. I removed all the tiles from the wall and removed old shower screen, then arranged a tiler with waterproofing licence to do the shower (waterproofing and tiling). I also bought taps from Bunnings and installed them by myself. Of course I did the painting as well.

I paid plumber $500, tiler $2000 (including tiles), and shower screen $570 (including installation and mirror), vanity $300, taps $100, new toilet set $130, and some paint. You can see how much I saved.

Our company generally only does our own renovations or for some members of my previous coaching groups, but I would be happy to come and have a look and give you an idea of price. Give the office a call on 03 9005 7992 and ask to speak with me - Ana.

Wishing you every success,
Ana Stankovic

Back