Recommendation for good motivation course for wife

My husband and I have completely different views on investing. For that reason we have separate finances and both do our own thing. Luckily it works for us, can imagine it wouldn't for everyone.

At least he came to support you when we had get togethers.

Same as Skater and Wylie here. Hubby is still lukewarm about it in that I do everything to do with property buying/selling/tax etc etc. He goes out and paints/changes washers etc when I tell him to. I've read everything, he's looked at the front of the books :D. I can reel off loan amounts and rents off the top of my head, he's still not sure how many we have.
If she is happy to sign on the dotted line and let you do it then leave her be. Sheesh with 2 small kids and full time work I would not have been into it at all.

Maybe actually sit down and listen to her views.

Just because she does not agree with you does not make you right and her wrong (or vice versa).

Trying to change another person is one-way ticket to nowhere - it just won't happen and only generate resentment either expressed or seething away inside.
Marg

Oh yeah, been there before.

I encounter this a lot. One way would be to simply be all you can! be the best you can be. She will see you being great. Your positive energy and enthusiasm will slowly rub off on her, however sounds like your the provider. If she doesn't get involved will it stop you? No.

May I also suggest, Use other people for support when it comes to Investing. Don't try bouncing ideas of someone with a totally different risk outlook/tolerance.

they say 'You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink'

I've had a fair bit of experience with this. As people are saying can be dangerous. Not only can she resist. She may hold her position even stronger.

In NLP we have a saying 'put your oxygen mask on first'. I hear it every time I fly. Its so true. If there is a kid next to you, even more reason to put yours on first. What do you think of that?

If you don't have your own mask firmly attached you may run out of Oxygen while trying to help others. If you think you just help that one kid, imagine doing it, and then you see that kids little brother struggling, then another kid. You have to put your mask on first.

Be all that you can be and concentrate on being the best version of you.

Back