Recommendation of Conveyancing Lawyer in Queesnland (Brisbane)

I just completed an OTP purchase in Brisbane, QLD. I followed the recommendation of some forumrites to use Tunns Lawyer which is now AP Hodgson's & Associates.

At first I was not very happy with their service because the paralegal was not very responsive with email. Then later on, my hearing-impaired mom just marched on to their office without an appointment and to her surprise, Mr. Hodgson was very patient and helped her clear all her doubts. He guarded our interest very well and did a great job in following up after the meeting. We were buying in Australia the first time as overseas buyers so we have raised far more questions and issues than an average Aussie buyer, and hence have had more face time with the lawyer.

The total cost of conveyancing and registration came out to be $550 plus outlay. Some of the legal advice we obtained pays off more than the legal fees.

The contacts:
A.P. Hodgson's & Associates
Level 7, 217 George Street
BRISBANE QLD 4000
PH: (07) 3221 4288
FAX: (07) 3221 4889

I am not related with them in any shape or form except that I've enjoyed their great professional service. Please feel free to quote that Jessica has recommended them.

Hi Lil,

Thanks for the tip. Will keep it in mind if our current solicitor up there should happen to become less attractive.
We are currently based in Sydney but for our Brisbane property we use Conveyancing Works. I found them to be prompt, professional and inexpensive. $740 all up for searches and professional fees.

I couldn't say the same for Ownit Conveyancing though :(

Tandy.

I dont think you can go past Melville McGregor in Beenleigh who have recently purchased Ownit Conveyancing in the City.

I have been a client for over 8 years and they have been involved in over 250 transactions for me during that time.

Their contact number on the Southside is 3807 1522

Wow Tandella! youve had problems with Ownit?? :eek:

I've used Ownit for serveral purchases and had zero problems. :D

MJK

Back