Recommendations for accountant

We have recently purchased our first investment property and we are looking for a new accountant.

We are after an accountant who is familiar with investment properties, self managed super funds and general tax.

We are having dramas with our current accountant lying to us about lodging tax variations so we want someone who we can trust with our money.

Prefer someone in North/West Sydney or Western Sydney

PM if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.

We have recently purchased our first investment property and we are looking for a new accountant.

We are after an accountant who is familiar with investment properties, self managed super funds and general tax.

We are having dramas with our current accountant lying to us about lodging tax variations so we want someone who we can trust with our money.

Prefer someone in North/West Sydney or Western Sydney

PM if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.

You're in Sydney, look up Paul from Price Financial, he is a regular poster here.

+1 for Paul.

I don't know him personally but I'm a fan of his posts on the forum. Clearly knows a thing or two.

Cheers

Jamie

+2!

Take one look at Paul's post history - you cant go wrong with someone of that pedigree on your team.

He does SS discounts too. :)

I've learnt a great deal from reading his posts alone.

Cheers,
Redom

Thanks for the referrals guys...

I am in NW Sydney (Thornleigh). I offer a genuine SS discount and try to agree on a fixed fee rather then charge by the hour. I have around 18 years SMSF (and it precedent funds) and strategy experience. Tax yada yada etc

My Direct Email is below. Happy to discuss and also offer a no obligation 1 hr consult for new clients.

Yep, curious to get feedback.
I've been procrastinating about picking an accountant, just getting too difficult to do it myself.
Can I claim the cost to visit an accountant if they are in a different state :)

Yep, curious to get feedback.
I've been procrastinating about picking an accountant, just getting too difficult to do it myself.
Can I claim the cost to visit an accountant if they are in a different state :)

Yes if it is the sole purpose for the trip.

Alternatively you use a good accountant who says - Why would you do that ? Keep your airfare and lets use modern technology. We don't need to meet face to face. Its so 80s. :rolleyes:

I prefer NOT to meet clients face to face. Its so unproductive for both of us unless its a strategy or intensive issue. I encourage them to send me their info then we discuss once its draft. I also prefer hands on so I can identify any issues, strategies or opportunities. That way emphasis is on client needs, questions my advice and not on watching me tap a keyboard.

Back