I am in need of a good PM in the ACT. So far I've been quoted in the 8-10% mark. I realise rates have gone up since the last time I looked (6-7% then) but I want to be sure I am getting my money's worth and I dont want to pay more than I have to.

Also, of course, I'd like a good PM so if someone has one they've dealt with and recommend I'd appreciate the suggestion.

Shaggy

Hi Shaggy,
Which area of ACT is your property in?? From what I've been told by some of my landlords good PM's in Canberra are especially hard to find but I do know of someone who isn't unhappy with their PM but they wouldn't say that they were great... :(

I don't know where you are, so that makes a big difference.

My PM in Canberra is northside, at Dickson. I use LJ Hooker there. Lindsey is in charge of the property managers, and he's great. The actual PM is one of his staff- I'm quite happy with whoever I deal with. A tenant's hws blew up last night at 5pm, I got the call at 5:40. The PM took over the keys of the small vacant granny flat in her time so that they could have a shower.

I did have problems with Lindsey's predecessor many years ago- she was the old school who believed that all tenants were cockroaches.

Thanks for the feedback. Property is southside - Calwell. I am talking to agents from Ray White, Independent and Asset HQ. The latter being the least expensive and they only do PM however I have no idea what their service in Cbr is like.

I'm not impressed with the Ray White guy, i like the Independent girl and am meeting her today but my preference would have been to deal with someone known to be good. Perhaps I'll just have to take my chances.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. Property is southside - Calwell. I am talking to agents from Ray White, Independent and Asset HQ. The latter being the least expensive and they only do PM however I have no idea what their service in Cbr is like.

I'm not impressed with the Ray White guy, i like the Independent girl and am meeting her today but my preference would have been to deal with someone known to be good. Perhaps I'll just have to take my chances.

Thanks

You shouldn't have any issues with finding a tenant.

We just rented an IP out in Calwell - had a lot of groups check it out. There's always been a lot of demand for that property.

For Canberra I used to recommend Erik from livein but he's sold up now. I know he frequents this forum so might be worthwhile shooting him a PM to see if he has any recommendations.

Cheers

Jamie

You shouldn't have any issues with finding a tenant.

We just rented an IP out in Calwell - had a lot of groups check it out. There's always been a lot of demand for that property.

For Canberra I used to recommend Erik from livein but he's sold up now. I know he frequents this forum so might be worthwhile shooting him a PM to see if he has any recommendations.

Cheers

Jamie

LiveIn merged with PRD Inner North towards the end of last year. While I've heard both negative and positive feedback about them when they were around, I never had a bad experience with them. In fact, one of the girls who was at LiveIn is still my PM, and she's always been really good to deal with.

Recommendation for a good PM in Canberra

Hi guys,

Am just about to take my first step into the investment property game and am really interested to hear of good property managers in Canberra. The place is in Beloconnen and is a one of a dual occupancy dwelling.

I would be very grateful for any feedback on positive and negative experiences with property managers and also what would be considered a good rate.

Thanks.

Belconnen PM

I have just started with Kim Posavec from Blackshaws in Belconnen. She is very professional and I like that they specifically write each of their ads, which some don't appear to do (they seem to cut and paste from other ads).

I am charged 8% but I'm not sure if that is because I was referred to her (the other PMs I had previously interviewed all charged 10%)

I can confirm we (Distinct Property Management) charge 7.3% (including GST) but also offer a 10% discount on this for each referral you bring across (both parties get the 10% discount for each referral). We guarantee no increase in monthly management fee ever! We currently manage a portfolio of around 200 properties across Canberra and Queanbeyan and have been trading since March 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back