Recommended tradie list (VIC only)

How do you find this thread?

• Total voters
Can someone make this a sticky?

Hi guys,

Since I have a bit of extra these days with me being unemployed, I thought I'll start contributing more to the Somersoft. I know we have previously a compiled list but not state specific and I had to sieve through the whole thread to maybe find what I want.

I'm limiting this thread to tradies as I'll start another thread for the professional side like architects,accountants etc. Just post and I'll edit my first post to reflect ongoing recommendations from time to time. If you used them after recommendations from here, feel free to re-recommend them again here so I can put more ppl recommended by that tradie. Also let me know how to make this thread better.

I've left this as a Victorian only thread as I expect the throughput to be high and want to see how it goes before starting another thread for other states and trying to maintain them. You must have used them as a client/customer. NO PLUGGING YOUR OWN BUSINESS as I want this list to be a good representation of reputation.

This is the template (any further ideas let me know)

Tradie type (aka builder, painter):
Name:
Contracted Suburb(as some tradies don't travel too far):
Recommended by:
Likes about that tradie:

Hope this thread helps and I want to give back to this forum community

I'll start here. I've taken some contacts from another thread to start compiling tradie types by alphabetical order.

Builder

Builder- Cassilis Constructions
Suburb: South East Melbourne Suburbs
Dave - 0419343836
Recommendations: morn.pen

Carpets

Name: DMK Carpets
Suburb: Mornington
Recommendations:Ms Jade

Carpet Layer

Name: Andrew Bailey
Suburb: Melbourne
Recommendations: gizmopb1
Likes: "Meticulous work and good work ethics.On time and courteous. A large area of carpet done and was pleased with the results."

Concreter

Name: Pino Guzzo
Recommendation: Ms Jade

Electrician

Name: M.A. Brown
Suburb: West Melb suburbs
Contact: 0400 218 876, http://www.mabrownelectrical.com.au/, [email protected]
Recommendations: mech81
Likes: Punctual, polite, reliable and fair price, good workmanship - only used him so far for minor work but very consistent and meticulous

Heating and Cooling

Name: Surrey Air
Recommendations: cw318
Likes: "professional, detailed quotes, punctual, and honest in giving advice about repair vs new installation - even if it meant a lesser fee for them"

Kitchen Cabinetry

Cabinets- Bayveiw Kitchens
Suburb: Mornington Peninsula
Jason - 0417182735
Recommedations: morn.pen

Plasterer

Name: Ian of freshlookplastering
Recommendations: Kippaxian

Resurface - Kitchen/Bath

Name : Aircoat Australia (Sandro)
Recommendations: Ms Jade

Plumber

Tiler

Name:Nick Weerheim
Recommendations: Ms Jade

Am just hoping more ppl come to the party and I'm happy to maintain this thread as time goes along and maybe start new threads for other states.

Hi,

Here is one I used recently:

Tradie type: General home maintenance / Bathroom
Name: Paul Messina
Contracted Suburb: Keysborough
Recommended by: Daniel Lee
Likes about that tradie: Looks after decent people. Easily contactable. I will use him again anytime.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks for that daniel. Anybody else?

Edit: I seem to have trouble editing my first post now...can someone tell me why this is the case?

Last edited:
Reblocking

Name: Sam @ Extreme Reblocking
Suburb: Based in Coolaroo. Did our place in Albion
Likes: Recommended to me by a work colleague. Punctual, polite, reliable, HONEST, matched other quotes, very meticulous. Highly recommended.

Plumber

Name: Jim Axal
Suburb: Mobile around East, Bayside and South (and inner)
Likes: Has done 3 or 4 jobs on my properties so far, VERY quick, efficient, honest and upfront. Did an emergency job for IP yesterday with 6 hours notice! Best plumber I've used so happy to recommend. If calling, him let him know Igor recommended him.

Garage door

Would recommend Metro Roller Door Service Ph: 9357 7311 based in Campbellfield. I had my roller door stuck on the weekend, it wouldn't close and the guy came to fix it on the same day (otherwise I wouldn't be able to secure the garage at night)

Back