Recommended Tradies and Other Useful Contacts

I dont have any recommended tradies but am looking for some!!!

I am moving to the Wollongong area next week and need to find recommended builders, kitchen reno guys, painters, and floor sanders. Any suggestions???

hi guys, looking for good and reasonable recommendations for the following in Sydney:
- kitchen
- bathroom
- flooring (carpet and wood/floating)
- painting
- electrical

many thanks

Hi, I'm happy to do town planning work for anyone in NSW or Canberra (hehe, ar*e kicking Council is a speciality :):):))

21 years experience with Councils/Governments has taught me how the game is played.

PM me to make contact

Hey guys!

Im after the name or names of a good reliable and honest TILER and/or VINYL FLOORING LAYER in the Gold Coast who does a good job. There is just sooo many out there i don't know whos good and whos dodgy! Thanks!!!

If you're looking for an electrician in Adelaide look for Aegis EMI, Chris and Paul [email protected]

They re-did the wiring in my house for half the cost of anyone else and did a brilliant job.

I'm looking for tradie recommendations in Adelaide, especially:
- bathroom renovators
- floor polishers
- carpeters

I'll give my company a plug here, and offer myself for Electrical work in Sydney metro, also my Uncle is a Builder in Nowra/Wollongong area.

Homelift Elevators - Lifts, Elevators, and Cable Cars for domestic homes and residences
www.homelift.com.au/

Geoff Simmonds - Licensed Electrician - Residential, Commercial, Industrial Electrical/Electronics

Todd Rybeck Pty Ltd - Licensed Builder - Brick/Block Laying, Concreting, Extensions/Renovations

SE Melbourne:

Tiling: Nick Weerheim 0410 620 102
Carpets (quality stuff): DMK Carpets 9781 1443
Concreting: Pino Guzzo - 0418 360 005
Kitchen/Bath resurfacing: Aircoat Australia (Sandro): 0408 139299

(Sorry - Can't give you my electrician 'cos he's too busy as it is!:p)

I would offer myself for the lockyer valley Qld but I'm nearly always booked out :D

If you have something in my area and mention the forum,I will try and fit you in ;)

Could someone proficient in spreadsheets put all this info into one State by State?

This is a fabulous thread - thanks for starting it !

Utterly agree with the spreadsheet idea. Great thread especially when I need half a dozen types of tradies right now! Just need some more suggestions of people in Adelaide.

Just need some more suggestions of people in Adelaide.

Amen to that.

Another couple of companies who have done well by me:

Cab-ware (a cabinetmaking company) in Wingfield. Very cheap but good quality.

Seaton Glass (for my glass splashbacks, one of which I cracked today :rolleyes: used a hammer too close to it, the glass behind cracked but the hardening in front is intact)

Carpenters & Builders in Geelong

Just adding to the theme folks....

Looking for a carpenter/joiner or small scale builder for some internal work (no significant structural work) in Geelong

Focussing on IP's in G'Long, and hard to build a good tradie team through the Yellow Pages!

Cheers
ArchyK:p

Painter in Wagga

Looking for a painter in Wagga Wagga - tenants have moved out and due to their smoking indoors and age of property, the internal house needs a repaint.

Appreciate any recommendations -

I have a list of tradies who I would NOT recommend. These tradies are based in Brisbane south side.

If anyone want the list, email me. Of course I will provide reasons why I wouldn't recommed them.

I posted the list before and was deleted. So I won't be able to post it again.

However I understand that people here (like me) want to know good tradies as well as bad one to avoid.

Adele from Fast Blinds (0411 226 380, 02 9743 8896) for window coverings in NSW i recommend. I have dealt with her and a few of her staff directly and their price for verticals came in at under half the price of some other competitors. Quick cutting and proffesional service - no complaints.

Greg and Barbara Hayes (0412 898 961) from G & B HAYES PROPERTY MAINTENANCE
102 Barker Avenue
SAN REMO, NSW 2262.
Dealt with directly and recommend, very competitve pricing and quality work.

John from Johns Carpets in NSW (0415 251 649) carpeted the entire house at a decent price with quality work.

These three turned a flea infested run down 3 bdr getting $220 p/w into a beautifully cosmetically renovated 3bdr now fully tenanted and catching market level ($330 p/w) rent. I dealt with all the above directly and had no issues at all. This was done over the x-mas, new years holiday period and where as i cant 'highly' recommend any of them as i have very limited experience dealing with tradies (this was my first reno) All worked on time to schedule and delivered quality service and products at their quoted prices with no delays and all were proffesional. So i can recommend them.

Back