Recommended Tradies and Other Useful Contacts

Serenas, i also live in Sydney but finding the right and good tradies is really hard. Is either the good ones are too busy or they dont even advertise.....

I need a builder, plumber, tiler ... basic someone that can be the lot to reno a bathroom... i see a lot of renovators are just project managers rather then doing the job themselves so that adds an extra middleman in the mix and costs more.....

Any sugguestions/recommendations?

thanks

Granny Flat

Hi Serenas

I was quoted 75500 for a 1 bedder clad (but does not include GST!)

and add another 5K for brick....

I do not have a sewerage problem and have a flat yard:eek:

I find builders will quote 65-70K and then the other costs will mount...plus you always need to factor in variation costs....

The drawing costs and survery costs and engineer costs and the certifier's costs alone is 6K plus...and we have not even started building!:rolleyes:

But yes, will keep you informed as i intend to get a few more quotes...whereabouts are you building in Sydney? Mine will be at Pennant Hills! Rental 350-370 per week:p...so it is a good return eh??

Serenas, i also live in Sydney but finding the right and good tradies is really hard. Is either the good ones are too busy or they dont even advertise.....

I need a builder, plumber, tiler ... basic someone that can be the lot to reno a bathroom... i see a lot of renovators are just project managers rather then doing the job themselves so that adds an extra middleman in the mix and costs more.....

thanks

Basically, the trades you require are either a Licensed or Certified trade,

Builder - Project manager/construction contractor (Licensed)
Plumber - Licensed Trade
Electrician - Licensed Trade
Tiler / waterproofer - Certified

Not all trades come under the one roof, Government legislation takes care of that by making as much money out of Tradesmen as they possibly can by having Licensing criteria.

thanks

They may cost more but they have the magic numbers in their phone and the people they use will come running when they call,if you call them they will ignore you.
For example,if you rang me and asked for a job to be done,I would say I don't have time,but if my mate (Or someone who I get a lot of work off) called me I would be there next morning,;)

thanks

Hi Leeman,
I have been trying to encouraging myself not to get discouraged by tradies sometimes--since some of them really do scare us away by their exorbitant quotos. But I keep trying, till I get a reasonable quote--sometimes, I get polite but direct by asking them to give me a very rough estimation (for quote) before coming, I would say, well, I am doing this to respect/save your precious time, as well as mine of course...eg, I finally got a quote for colorbond fencing for roughly $55/m (1.8m high, supply and installed) recently after a lot of $70-75/m quotes...but well, for granny flat building, I have just started becoming serious recently, and will try to do some process by myself as a way of learning (I have a rough estimating if I do the project mgt myself, I would like to get it done $55k-$60 altogether something). But since am recently a bit of short of cash and waiting for my shares price to come up and get them selled, I am actually doing all the things slowly.

Would certainly like to share the granny flat builders/tradies info with you, but at this stage since I haven't used any of them myself yet, can't say for sure I could do any recommendations yet.

Kind regards.
Serena

Painter in Sydney

Can anyone recommend a painter in Sydney. I would like to have a townhouse interior painted

Thanks

1. CWS plumbing in Melbourne. Steve is the boss

His employee Dan was courteous, helpful, knowledgeable, and very careful with his workmanship

2. Swan floor polishing Melbourne
quality finish $25/sq m, cash only
only thing was, the tradies blew a fuse, swapped the fuse thingamajig in the main power box, didn't replace it to the right spot, and didn't tell us. This led us to believe that our brand new oven was broken and had to call out a technician to "fix it" under warranty. $95 down the drain as it was not an oven issue, the money will be coming out of their pockets, thank you very much.

My family friend's friend was charged $100k for 2x 2br granny flats in his beverly hills backyard! What a bargain. Must try to find out who did the work.

Looking for a Shower screen installer & Supplier Sydney North West.

Need one single panel sliding door (1050mm) and one 900 x 900 double panel hinged door Semi frameless.

Any recommedations?

Anyone got any decent fairly priced tradies they can recommend for south east melbourne?

1:Looking for a painter for a 2 storey block of units,paint windows,eaves etc.

2:plumber for bathroom reno.

3:A carpenter/handyman for a small job to replace rotted timber on window.

As for timber floor polishing,i'll check out gizmopb1 suggestion of swan @$25/sq m which is a decent price.

Thanks

Any recommended Builders for Adelaide?

Hi.

I'm reading this thread with interested as I am in the process of extension our current home (in Adelaide) and I just got quoted $120K plus GST for a brick 40 sqm 1xopen plan family room with new ensuite for the other room (see attachment in RED)! :eek:

Does this price a bit excessive? Any recommendations for a builder/trader in Adelaide for a different quote?

Thank you.

Attachments

• my_extension.jpg
    my_extension.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 122
Okay, this is a trade secret. But only viable for major jobs, and bookings needed at least a few months in advance -

Licensed tiling and waterproofing in Sydney -

Mossi (Coast Stone Pty Ltd) 0410 511 129

Insanely fast (6 to 8 skilled men is no problem, add labourers as needed), decent prices, and seriously, no dithering around whatsoever.

He's got me out of the **** on more jobs than I care to mention (but watch out for overtime loading if they're forced into doing 16-hr days).

Hi.

I'm reading this thread with interested as I am in the process of extension our current home (in Adelaide) and I just got quoted $120K plus GST for a brick 40 sqm 1xopen plan family room with new ensuite for the other room (see attachment in RED)! :eek:

Does this price a bit excessive? Any recommendations for a builder/trader in Adelaide for a different quote?

Thank you.

I highly recommend Nadia from Nardant Consulting - 0407712714. She's an architect builder that's honest, thorough and a stickler for detail (and has a good team of tradies), and charges very reasonably.

http://www.nadantconsulting.com/index.html

looking for a good builder/renovator need to move 2 small walls and build a new one, move a prefrab stair case and then skirts/arcs. Place is in reservoir.

Willing to pay fair rates for a decent trade, and plan to use again.

Carpet Layer, Melbourne

Andrew Bailey 0425714818
Meticulous work and good work ethics.
On time and courteous.

I had a large area of carpet done and was pleased with the results.

are actual tradies allowed to give themselves a plug in this thread? im not sure of the forum rules on that kind of thing :confused:

are actual tradies allowed to give themselves a plug in this thread? im not sure of the forum rules on that kind of thing :confused:
Don't think there's any rules against it & as a rule we are happy with as many contacts as we can get. Fire away!

Back