Redcliffe Bargins

Whats happened to all of the bargins in the redcliffe area, 9 months ago I was looking in this area at which time I felt like the only purchaser in town. Now anything under 300K seems to be snapped up within days?

Yeah, a good indication the market is on the up again...

Redcliffe has a lot going for it, especially if they expand that damed bridge...

I've heard bridge works are in the pipeline, I guess it was only going to be a matter of time before prices increased, Caboolture has also picked up, mid to late last year there were plently of sub 200K houses for sale, I think there is now only 1 on realestate.com.au.

Last edited:
Yeah Daz...after I buy an IP (which will be my PPOR pone day hopefully) around Everton Park, I'm looking for my next IP in Caboolture..definitely great value in my books...

I bought my IP in Redcliffe - that was in Feb, and when I was looking you could get plenty of houses around $240,000 to $280,000. I saw one for $290000 and thought 'They're dreaming!' but now it is hard to find anything decent under $300,000. I'm so glad I bought mine when I did, work for the new bridge looks to have started already. Still some good buys around though, I like to check regularly to see what's going on up there.

Are we talking about 2/3 bdr townhouses IP here....

I was looking at a 4 bedroom, 600 sqm in Rothwell that I offered 340k, however ended up selling over 360k... It was a really nice house in a good area but a Bit too much out of my price range.

I think Redcliffe is defo on the up but i also think areas around it in the North such as DeBay, Burpengary and Narangba will also rise through the area and ripple effect...

Does anybody also think North Lakes, Mango etc will also rise?? Or these all brand new estates too expensive??

Cheers guys!

Michael Matusic gave a mention to Redcliffe in this months API mag as an area to watch along with Toowoomba. Not sure about Mango & N Lakes, but D Bay has definitely had some good growth since Nov 06, not much for under 250K there now, 12 months ago there were plently.

I work out of our Redcliffe office and can assure you there has been significant growth over recent months. Very few houses now under 300k and prices are increasing. I'd suggest prices have increased 40-60k in the lower price market since xmas, much of that in the last 2 months.

There is a new bridge due to start in August this year and be finished by end of 2009. Estimated cost of $149mil in 2004 has now increased to $315,000. Work on the highway will be completed in 2010. The bridge will include a 4.5m wide pedestrian and cycle path, plus dedicated fishing platform on the southern end of the bridge. Prelim design will be on display at Sandgate library from July 3-20. The old Hornibrook bridge will be removed with just a small section to remain. The cost to maintain it is too much, so they say :mad:

Our office is the now the highest performing office in our group in Oz and we just completed new records for our office. Last month we saved homeowners $110,000 in commissions and passed the half mill mark in savings since opening. I did sell a canal block of land for $825k last month.

The surrounding areas such as North Lakes, Deception Bay, Rothwell, and Pine Rivers and Caboolture areas are achieving some growth but Redcliffe has the very obvious benefit of being by the water. A lot of our enquiry is investors.

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

Kev,
good to know you're out there...i have just starting getting itchy feet again and looking to buy soon. Redcliffe is one of the places i'm looking at.

Based on what you are seeing out there, do you see any particular areas as being the pick over the next 12 months??

cheers
UC

Redcliffe + WATER so defo probs best type in my opinion if you can afford it!!!

I am looking cheaper end of the market and looking at either DBay, Burpengary, Narangba or Morayfield.... Any suggestions from up that way?? Or should i CHANGE my strategy and looking at smaller land/houses in the areas closer to the water hhmmm?????

Cheers

Hi UC,

Scarborough is always good, if I didn't have my policy of not buying a listing within my office I would have bought 41 Campbell St Scarborough which I sold for $240k earlier this year. It was still walking distance to the water and the house was basic so you could renovate or leave it to knock down later and rebuild, which the eventual buyers are going to do.

Scarborough is so close to the water all around it, so it's always an excellent option. Margate and Woody Pt are my next 2 best picks, not so many fibro homes, still close to the water and shops etc are convenient too. Clontarf and Kippa Ring should be easier to buy in a lower price bracket however if you are close to the Redcliffe Golf Course at Clontarf or near the canals at Kippa Ring you can expect to pay more.

Ritchie, My answer is yes, change strategy, however some will want to point out it's because I'm biased given I have an office there but I would never buy brick as an investment property. If we agree growth is the key component to investing then Redcliffe will supersede those areas over time. D Bay is an area you just never know what sort of tenant you will get. I wouldn't risk it personally. You will get a house on the Peninsula for around the same money as those areas you pointed out but it won't be brick and may be 2-3 bedrooms.

As I mentioned, I base myself at Redcliffe however will be heavily involved in the opening of several new offices over the coming weeks. We own Redcliffe as a corporate office.

Have a great long weekend.

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

Hey thanks for that info....

Will get back to the drawing board and rethink strategy.... I do like closer to the water and possibly Rothwell, however I also like the depreciation you get from a newer house so not sure yet??

Hey thanks for that info....

Will get back to the drawing board and rethink strategy.... I do like closer to the water and possibly Rothwell, however I also like the depreciation you get from a newer house so not sure yet??

Does the depreciation really make that much of difference in this price bracket ? I am also in a similar situation to you Ritche77 ie looking at something 300-400k for growth potential and negative gearing benefits

Not sure mate...

I think the real trick is to get a house with CG and if the dep. comes with it then all the better!!

The good thing I find about newer house with dep. is it will allow me to duplicate and buy another quicker than an older house...

Hi Kev

I have my PPOR and Redcliffe, 2 IPs in Rothwell and 1 at Dbay. I’m over the moon with the growth we have had over the past 12 months. Have increased all my LOC’s and am looking for another. I know you shouldn’t put all your eggs in one basket but at the moment it seems like the goose who laid the golden egg is keeping it warm.

Go you good thing.

Wayne
PS would like to catch up some time.

Hi Kev

I have my PPOR and Redcliffe, 2 IPs in Rothwell and 1 at Dbay. I’m over the moon with the growth we have had over the past 12 months. Have increased all my LOC’s and am looking for another. I know you shouldn’t put all your eggs in one basket but at the moment it seems like the goose who laid the golden egg is keeping it warm.

Go you good thing.

Wayne
PS would like to catch up some time.

Good on ya....:D

Happy to catch up anytime. Contact me on 3284 9333, 0413 879 986 or email [email protected]. Should still get some more growth yet too.

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

Back