Redcliffe vs Caboolture

Im looking to buy a IP with in either Redcliffe or Caboolture, with the idea of developing the block or renovating the house, can anyone share some info on the two areas for.. growth,rental,potential.
redcliffe being 20k's from the city and Caboolture being 40k's

If you can afford redcliffe,go for that,
Closer to the water,definatly a lot better for CG IMO.
We use to sail at redcliffe on Sundays,absolutely loved the place.
I would have one there myself if I could afford it :D

Both areas have good capital growth potential.

It is much easier to rent out property and get a decent yield in Caboolture than Redcliffe.

I own a property in Margate (next to Redcliffe) and Deception Bay. I get $310pw on my property at Deception Bay whilst I struggle to get 260pw for Margate albeit it has good CG.

Be careful to listening to people who do not own in the area.....a lot of people in Brisbane have a negative view of these suburbs.

Im looking to buy a IP with in either Redcliffe or Caboolture, with the idea of developing the block or renovating the house, can anyone share some info on the two areas for.. growth,rental,potential.

I own a property in Margate (next to Redcliffe) and Deception Bay. I get $310pw on my property at Deception Bay whilst I struggle to get 260pw for Margate albeit it has good CG.

of course a savvy investor like you Sash would only make that comparision if their age, size, and bedrooms/baths/car cover are the same.

Winston.....yes the Margate property is a smaller 2 bedder but renovated to a high standard. Also, the one I own is in one of the best streets in the otherside of Oxley Ave.

Frankly have been gobmacked by what rents are possible in DB!

If I was to choose I would Margate....but what would I know....tenants must know something I don't.

of course a savvy investor like you Sash would only make that comparision if their age, size, and bedrooms/baths/car cover are the same.

both are good growing areas and not that far from brisbane cbd I have a property in caboolture and get $440 a week:p

for a future project i wouldnt mind buying an old shack around Woody Point and doing that up.....

.... but i have no idea about the real figures and if its worthwhile :)

Caboolture area is hard to develop, have to get in the right zoning.

Haven't looked at Redcliffe but worth thinking about making the decision based on DCP's.

Yeah, agree with Sash. Both are good CG areas. Redcliffe has an edge though based on distance to CBD and proximity to water. I would base my decision on individual property characterstics.

both are good growing areas and not that far from brisbane cbd I have a property in caboolture and get $440 a week:p

That's not a very good return for a 6 bed house that cost you $800,000!

But it is for a 2 bed unit that cost you $250,000k only last week,

Quoting the gross rent and insinuating that it is a good rent is meaningless without an idea as to the property and what you paid for it.

That's not a very good return for a 6 bed house that cost you $800,000!

But it is for a 2 bed unit that cost you $250,000k only last week,

Quoting the gross rent and insinuating that it is a good rent is meaningless without an idea as to the property and what you paid for it.

approx $420,000
4 bdm duel key dwelling (3bdm house with 1bdm self contained unit).

Winston.....yes the Margate property is a smaller 2 bedder but renovated to a high standard. Also, the one I own is in one of the best streets in the otherside of Oxley Ave.

Frankly have been gobmacked by what rents are possible in DB!

If I was to choose I would Margate....but what would I know....tenants must know something I don't.

Hi Sash,

That rent seems ridiculously low for margate and a renovated property. I have a client with a 2BR +1 at $305/week in a little purple triangle house with an outdoor toilet. :eek: (On the right side of Oxley)

Here you go Witzl - $279k - Now here is a bargain in Dodd Street.

Hope your finance is sorted.;)

Regards Jo

Back