Redcliffe, WA 6104 -- opinion

Hi,
Thinking to buy an IP at Redcliffe, WA. Location of the property is good as it's near bus stop, deli, and a few minutes from Belmont Forum.

But as a general property location, if anyone has IP in Redcliffe, would you kindly share your insight and experiences as landlord?

Hi Mysrh

I live in Vic Park so have some understanding of this area. Redcliffe is right beside the airport so noise is always going to be a big negative. I'm not aware of any of the lifestyle facilities renters look for like cafe strips, restaurants or movie theaters. In fact I've lived in Perth 33 years and never had a night out in Redcliffe. Where would I go?

To my mind Belmont, Cloverdale and Redcliffe have similar median prices. http://reiwa.com.au/Research/Pages/Price-growth-by-suburb.aspx. I think you'd be better off buying in parts of Belmont or Cloverdale (or neighboring suburbs if you can) that are away from both airports (not near the Tonkin Freeway) and have easy access on to Orrong Rd which takes you on to the Graham Farmer freeway and into the city in 5 minutes. I'd also consider parts of Kewdale that are not near the industrial area. In short, the closer to Lathlain, Rivervale or Carlisle the better.

We like Redcliffe, but only in some select pockets, there looks to be some interesting things going on there with State Housing.

Caveat emptor.

Jelsa2

Hi All

My PPOR is in Redcliffe but the top end, this means that the planes don't fly directly overhead. They tend to come in closer if its really inclement weather. I have lived here 7 yrs but its central to everything. I can get anywhere within 30mins as I am surrounded by highways, Tonkin, Grt Eastern, Leech and not far from Roe and Graham Farmer and within 10 minutes drive of 5 shopping centres! I also live within 3 mins of airport great for fly in fly out such as my partner. I've noticed that the house near me in Redcliffe is asking rent of a fibro cottage on big block with a swimming pool of $530 and other properties are asking near $500 per week. All houses on sale near me have sold within a week or two. The other thing is we received notification that the Govt is making provisions within the new airport redevelopment to accommodate plans for the train to come from the Midland line across the river along the Tonkin hway (2020) to the airports and a new road from the main airport across the Tonkin highway near Redcliffe Park somewhere (2013 -2014?). So if you pick your spot you may find it a good investment in the future. I have an IP in Belmont.

I have stayed at my mates house in Belmont for a week, and never heard a plane.

Surprising considering how close to the airport it is.

i would be absolutely shocked if there is a train to the airport anytime before 2030, i personally wouldnt count on it when making an investment decision in the area.

at the moment they keep on saying there is no case for it etc

money would be much wiser spent on the light rail that has been talked about for so long, i believe the detailed studies are due in december this year

Redcliffe

Hi mysrh

I think it will depend on who your PM is re providing tenants. I have two rental properties beside me and the tenants are very good. As the market continues to tighten, I think you will have a number of people to chose from so shouldn't have too much trouble.

It's not about the last 1,5,10 years. It's all about the future 1,5,10,20 years...

Remember anyone who used this chart to base their investment decisions prior to 2001 would be very upset right now.
enrn.gif

So what's going to change in Redcliffe to make it stop under performing the market? Redcliffe will always have the airport noise factor and that's a big turnoff for a lot of people.

A better choice surely has to be buy further up near Lathlain, Rivervale or Carlisle which are all outperforming Redcliffe over the long term. Interested to hear your views on why this is going to change.

It's not about the last 1,5,10 years. It's all about the future 1,5,10,20 years...

Remember anyone who used this chart to base their investment decisions prior to 2001 would be very upset right now.
enrn.gif

Is there a chart that goes all the way to today ? Seems like it would be more helpful..........

Hey much much thanks for all the replies, good insights!

I've IP in eastern states, never thought about WA. It's just that my friend is leaving to overseas, so selling the house 3x2. The house offered is below the median price and I check on sqmsearch its vacancy rate is 0%.

If it's that noisy or less demand from people, why it has such low vacancy rates.

Wondering with people having IP in Redcliffe, how much rent roughly you get.

Redcliffe

You can look on the realestate websites for this info, however as you say there aren't that many to chose from. So Realestate.com.au or similiar like Domain.com should give you some idea.

the location is good and the new highway upgrade (opens 1 July) will help too. it can be noisy in places but people dont seem to care

Back