Regional Vic, Bendigo in particular

Looking at buying an IP in regional Vic over the next few months, our focus is leaning towards Bendigo at the moment but we have been monitoring Ballarat, Wodonga and to a lesser extent Geelong as well.

Burbs of Bendigo we have been seeing properties we are interested in have been Flora Hill, Golden Square, Kangaroo Flat and a few closer into Bendigo.

Most likely looking at 3 bedder(but possibly 2 bed townhouse if closer in), preferably less than 10 years old with a budget between $250-$300K.

From what we have seen in the last few weeks rental's get snapped up quickly and the vacancy rate has been under 2% for a while in Bendigo

Have read a couple of threads on here already regarding Bendigo and regional Vic which have been helpful.

Anyone got any tips or advice regarding Bendigo in particular but other Vic regional area's as well would be much appreciated.

CMason, we have some IP's in both Bendigo and Horsham, for our needs, our set up, our plans, all is going good, as in acquiring and building IP's that have been affordable for us to leg into, maintain (mortgage repayments), occupancies, rental returns, even growth, although, as others have mentioned in other threads, Bendigo got a little quiet for a few years...but we have a nice good asset base accumulated, it ticks over, rents come in, pay mortgages, steady growth and equity building, we keep acquiring building bigger asset base to leap frog us into...[----insert here...].

I have something that may give you an interesting read, it is about regional vic and it is over longterm..shall pm you, hold on..

CMason, we have some IP's in both Bendigo and Horsham, for our needs, our set up, our plans, all is going good, as in acquiring and building IP's that have been affordable for us to leg into, maintain (mortgage repayments), occupancies, rental returns, even growth, although, as others have mentioned in other threads, Bendigo got a little quiet for a few years...but we have a nice good asset base accumulated, it ticks over, rents come in, pay mortgages, steady growth and equity building, we keep acquiring building bigger asset base to leap frog us into...[----insert here...].

I have something that may give you an interesting read, it is about regional vic and it is over longterm..shall pm you, hold on..

Thanks for that our_obsession, hoping to make a trip up there in the next few weeks to have an initial look at a few properties and surrounding facilities

Cmason,

I am a big fan of Bendigo and have bought a development block up there and am just starting the process of putting 2 and 3 bed units on there.

Let me know when you are going up, can introduce you to some agents and grab a coffee if you like, I go up there every now and then to check on things :)

Cheers

Ben

Back