Removal of old gas heater

We have an old gas heater in our lounge room . The gas heater is fitted in the fireplace. We want to remove the fire place and the heater and patch it up so that we can mount our TV on that wall.

Has anyone done anything similar?? And what kind of tradesmen should I be looking for this kind of work?

Any information will be really appreciated.

You should only need a plumber.

You could probably get them to remove the old gas heater then terminate the gas valve.

You will need someone else to patch up the wall though.
I am currently doing this to an IP. I replaced a gas wall unit with central heating.

I get the plumber to remove the gas heater and block off the gas then get handyman/plasterer to repair the wall. Then paint it.