Removal/Transport of a house

hi everyone, just brain storming,

im looking at a few "house for removal" ads in a flooded area,
On the assumption the houses are not flooded themselves,

does anyone know the rough costs of removing the house and transporting it to the same suburb

just having a sticky beak to see if I can pick up these removal highset houses for peanuts, and transporting them across town into a flooded area that have lowset flooded homes on them, and to either demloish existing or even put it in the back yard if possible, ie have 2 houses on the one block

Hi.

Depends on:
Single shift or double shift (ie will the whole thing fit on 1 trailer of do they need to cut it first)
The route between the blocks and whether they need to drop any signs, powerlines, foxtel cables etc.

Delivery costs are normally the same within 100km.

Cheapest single shift I have done was $11k.

Stumping on top of that.

Can be cheap way to get a house.

If you haven't done it before, thoroughly recommend driving behind it down the highway. Kind of weird seeing a house on the back of truck doing 80km an hour.

have fun

You would prob be looking at 25 - 30k for a double shift with house stumped on block
House should cost nothing unless it doesn't need a renno
Then you will prob need another 20k to cover other costs

Thanks everyone

As long as council regulations are fine
Is paying the 20-30k all you need to pay and place the house on the block?

I assume you thrn need a plumber and electrician to connect it all up?

Also what happens if the house falls apart or breaks apart during transport?

Thanks everyone

As long as council regulations are fine
Is paying the 20-30k all you need to pay and place the house on the block?

I assume you thrn need a plumber and electrician to connect it all up?

Also what happens if the house falls apart or breaks apart during transport?

Yep and your electricity provider for the point of attachment

Having services already in place will save you

But you still need to demolish the old house (asbestos?)

Some councils require re roofing
Or to adhere to bush fire regs
Or energy efficiency

Some migh require a holding bond until its complete

Is it in bundaberg?

In the middle of this process at the moment. So far the spend has been $42,000 and looks like there will be another $5k all up. Very happy with the figures but it has been a process! Extreme learning curve.

Don't forget to budget in council costs (around $2k usually) and clean up - moving a house can be hard on it and we budgeted some monies for crack repair etc even though the house we got was fully renovated.

I'm thinking about writing an in depth blog post about my experience, will link here if I do, although if you read it don't let it put you off ;)

Minimal depreciation and capital allowances if any. It's like finding stuff at the tip. After the Brisbane floods heaps of these have hit market for cost of the waste and transport. It's not a construction cost.

What an interesting and exciting project. I can read the terror between the lines at different points. Would love to hear more, as with renovating, each time you tackle another project there are different things to learn. Well done you!

Back