Removing curry smells and showing new tenants around is this crazy?.

I had some tenants who left a mild curry smell (slightly noticeable but nothing major). I gave the kitchen / lounge a paint (it would have been due in a few years anyway) and came up great.

If you don't need to paint maybe a thorough sugar soap / clean of the walls could assist.

Would probably do the latter and then paint, otherwise the smell will absorb into walls right?

Have seen that with some of the places I've inspected, but their smell has been substances other than curry.

We own 4 Ozone generators, commercial hi output
they work great on other substance smells, tobacco, and food smells. ozone has a preferential attraction to lipids
I do not suggest buying them, I know most here are not running a business, but you may consider the previously noted "Hire" option.

Would probably do the latter and then paint, otherwise the smell will absorb into walls right?

Have seen that with some of the places I've inspected, but their smell has been substances other than curry.

Yep, give it a good sugar coat and clean first, see how that goes. With an undercoat / primer then 2 top coats it would have to be pretty severe to keep the smell.

I had tenants who were regularly using the billy. Every time I went there to fix something I could smell it the moment I set foot inside.

I went there quite regularily actually so I brought along a can of Glen 20 which seemed to cover the smell.

Back