Renewal of lease fee

Happy to pay weeks rent plus gst for a new tenent. but think $150 for renewal of an existing lease is a bit much. Cripes they only have to run off a new lease, put it in the mail and wait for return, couldnt take much more than an hour. Does anyone else think this is too steep?

I suggest another PM.

I know things are different in different states, but we have never been charged lease renewal fees in Queensland.
Marg

Check your contract of authority. It's habitual for PMs in Vic to try & put in re-leasing fees for existing tenants. I have always asked for the clause to be removed & never had a problem.

Would new renewal be for 12 months or less ?
What about month by month basis once the current lease expire,

I remember (when I was tenant) I did sign a 12 month lease and spent more than 2 years, REA never asked me to renew the lease.

Not sure who makes this decision to renew the lease, LL or RAE.

KK

Renewal Lease Fees

Check your management agreement with your agent - if it is an REIQ PAMD20a - it will be under Shedule D - page 5 of your Appointment to Act.
All agents differ with what they offer/charge. If you are not happy - look for another agent.

There is more work involved in lease renewals than just printing off the actual lease - but many agents don't charge for this.

Just check your appointment and decide if you want to keep them on as your agents.

Check your contract of authority. It's habitual for PMs in Vic to try & put in re-leasing fees for existing tenants. I have always asked for the clause to be removed & never had a problem.

This fee turned up on my latest contract. I crossed it out and sent it back and it was initialled by the PM and returned - so all good. If you don't like it and can't get them to take it off the contract, as others have suggested - shop around. In WA, some do and some don't charge for renewal.

Back