Renewal of Lease Fee

Getting back to the original question from the OP, An employer will normally charge out their personnel at a rate of 2.0-2.5 times their salary, so you can see that a PM charging $50/hr means that the individual is possibly only earning $40-$50k pa ($20-25ph).

So, how can you expect the best when you pay peanuts?

About to 5x salary im charged out Joe and I have a billable hrs target of 7 / day. Making someone else bank.

I see this thread moving towards high/low fees vs service, or expectation of service.

Rather then concentrating on the $ 25.00 being charged, it makes more sense to look at the overall charges and service you are receiving.

Brisbane 04 mentioned that the tenants approached the agent for a new lease, this leads me to think that the agent may have let this renewal slip, I wonder if anything else has been missed? Alternatively it may have been allowed to go to a periodic by both the agent & tenant, then the tenants circumstances changed and they wanted the security of a lease.

In regards to the administration amount raised by Meagf, I think this is carry over from the paper based statement days and many are loathed to drop this. We have dropped the charge if landlords want email based statements, in the case of paper based statement we have actually increased the charge as sending a basic envelope is now .70c and a full size envelope is $ 1.40

just ask to renegotiate the management agreement and strike out the lease renewal fee. I doubt they will blink, and if they do Im sure you can find another agency.

Just like the monthly statement fee of $5.50. When asked why the charge when
the statement is emailed to me the response is "We still have to print it". They won't budge on that one. Easy money I say.

How do they have the nerve to ask for one weeks rent for re-signing them?
Charging a lease renewal fee of $33 I can accept but not a weeks rent.

Hi,
Just a quick update I spoke to the property manager today and she was surprised I received it as it has only been introduced and it doesn't apply to existing clients. Hi Domus just answering your question the tenants just wanted another 12 month tenancy as they have a very young family are comfortable where there living and just want housing security for next 12 months at least, they have been there for almost 12 months now.

Back