Renovating bathroom in Brisbane northside - recommendations?

Hi all,

I'm looking to renovate the bathroom in one of my rentals in Brisbane (Stafford - north side). The house is a post-war home with original bath (baby blue!) and ancient shower screen. I'm looking at ripping the bath + shower screen out and replacing it with a shower and modern shower screen and replacing the tiles. Also need to replace the vanity. Not being "on the ground" in Brisbane makes it a little bit harder. :)

Has anyone recently renovated a bathroom in Brisbane and could recommend someone? Feel free to PM. :)

Here are some photos. I'll start a completely new thread with my progress.

P1010238.JPG

P1010239.JPG

Cheers!

Wait for it you may start another long discussion on if you should not take out the bath or not. We did something similar to you - the bathroom was only 1.36m wide so we did sacrifice the bath.

Good decision.

Have fun.

Wait for it you may start another long discussion on if you should not take out the bath or not. We did something similar to you - the bathroom was only 1.36m wide so we did sacrifice the bath.

Good decision.

Have fun.

I don't think tenants really fuss about baths anymore. A huge assumption to make I guess - if they have small children, they'll want a bath. I'll save this debate for another thread. :D

Yep it has been thrashed out elsewhere many a time. It comes up in every reno course I run.

I was always asked where will you bath the children? - at the time it didnot concern me ie not having kids but now I can say in the baby bath and then in the shower - no problems!

Jane

I guess it's always a toss up regarding whether you limit the market & then how much by. DH & I don't have kids - but we LOVE baths. Has always been a deal breaker for us if a property has no bath. Then again, we may represent a teeny minority of the population, I don't know.

When Mum was selling real estate, she used to say NEVER take out a bath. It can be a real deal breaker. However, she has been out of selling for about ten years, and in that time, many things have changed, including bathroom styles and tastes.

Personally, we rarely use the bath, and it gives me the pips climbing over the side to have a shower (over the bath). On the occasions when hubby and/or I have a bath (rare) we think it is great, but most of the time I wish we had put in a big shower instead.

When we had our kids, we still showered them when they were tiny or used a baby bath inside the big bath (which nearly broke my back with the bending over).

Would love to hear from the agents who may be reading this whether it is still considered important to have a bath (particularly in a family home).

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments. What I'm really after is, does anyone know of a tradie in Brisbane who actually does bathroom renovations? I'm after a person, not whether or not I should take out a bath. ;) I'll leave this discussion for another thread.

:D

Cheers!

My MIL used a company on Nudgee Rd at Nundah / Hendra. I can't recall the name but if passing tomorrow I will make a note of it for you.

Oh and just for the record I think leave the bath. :D

Back