Renovating Bathroom

Hi Everyone,

I am wanting to renovate my investment apartment bathroom. Pretty much same layout but update basin/bath, retile etc.

We have been quoted $4200 including everything.

Or if we decide to buy the basin/bath tiles ect $3300.

I would like to purchase the items for our bathroom but there is nothing that i quite like at Bunnings. I always find that products in Bunnings are not of a high standard. Does anyone else feel this?

Where can I buy bathroom fittings in Melbourne that wont break the bank?

Also can I claim the renovation in my tax return this year? How would that work?

Thanks alot
Chuckles

i found a $199 vanity at bunnings that appeared to be better quality than alot of the other vanitys i saw at tiles shops etc.

Im not a bunnings fan for vanities , the style just looks a bit cheap looking but not sure on quality.
I do like their cheap range of Shower screens , have installed two and happy with quality.

I'm a big fan of Highgrove Bathrooms - http://www.highgrovebathrooms.com/
In Melbourne, they have branches in Clayton, Abbotsford and Geelong.
They also have pricing on their website which helps you sort out your selections before you leave the house.

Just be aware of the difference in the process when purchasing your own materials vs getting your contractor to buy on your behalf;
If there is ever a problem with any of the materials you buy (wrong size, wrong connection, broken etc etc), your contractor will/should take full responsibility to replace these before or after they have been installed.
If you buy the products for the contractor to install, any fault will be left up to you to sort out (which can result in delays, extra labour costs etc).
The process will probably be much more seamless if you pay the extra and get the contractor to supply all items.

Back