Renovating for profit-Cherie Barber

Hello All
I know that the topic of Cherie's courses have been covered on this forum- everyone has their thoughts on whether they think that the course is expensive or not or whether they think it is worthwhile doing or whether you are better off just biting the bullet and buying a property and starting a reno.

I have decided to do Cherie's April workshop.

I am interested in hearing from anyone who had little or no renovating experience and has completed Cherie's course. Are you now confidently renovating for profit and making a solid income from it? Did you find her systems and templates, etc easy to use and implement in the real world? How realistic were the timeframes and budgets she puts around her renos? How easy have you found sourcing materials and labour in your area (specifically if you are not in Sydney)? Anything that you would like to share would be great!

I am also interested in hearing from anyone has attended the course, but found it a waste of time/money (eg when you got away from the hype of the workshop, you found things all a little overwhelming in the "real world"....Or you have found getting a new kitchen for $5k is completely unrealistic for the average person who is not renovating in great volumes like Cherie does.)

Thanks everyone!

I too would like to know, exactly what you learn from these courses?

do you learn
how to get the best kitchens for the best price?
how to find the best tradies? or does she onsell hers?
do you learn how to DIY? or professional
do you learn how to do a budget reno for bang for buck?
do you learn how to do a $100k reno?
do you learn cosmetic renos or major structural?
is her reno based on a certain only?

I saw her TT/ACA story a month or two ago, seemed like a good result, but 7 days seemed a bit quick for me, and the budget seemed on the low side, considering new kitchens, lighting, walls added/removed, bathroom being reorganised=plumbing
I would be keen to see a complete breakdown of it

Last edited:
Back