Renovation ideas/suggestions

Update on progress plus some photos :)

I finally got the wallpaper off today, it took forever getting the wallpaper off behind the entertainment unit.

By friday morning hopefully I will be ready to sand the floors. I am hoping to get all the floors sanded on friday.

Good progress Eternit. How did you remove the adhesive from the floor ?

Any new photos today?

sorry I forgot to take the photos today, I will put some up tomorrow evening. I started sanding the timber floors today, I was hoping to have them done by tomorrow morning but I think it will take me until tomorrow afternoon to finish using the floor sander. After that I will hire the edge sander on Tuesday.

Its been a busy day. Went to Bunnings this morning at 7am to pick up the sander and just got home now after sanding.

Updated photos. Tomorrow will start polishing the floors and painting.

Attachments

• loungenew.jpg
    loungenew.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 85
  • loungenew2.jpg
    loungenew2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 72
  • diningnew.jpg
    diningnew.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 71
  • diningnew2.jpg
    diningnew2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 73
eternit, What a good progress! I have been quietly following your thread. I hope to get my hands dirty with my future reno as well...

Thanks kokanaing.

Renovation is nearly completed. I need to get some light fittings for some of the rooms and blinds. Does anyone know where I can get blinds for a super cheap price? ACT or NSW

Updated pics..

Attachments

• dining.jpg
    dining.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 64
  • lounge.jpg
    lounge.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 62
  • loungeafter1.jpg
    loungeafter1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 79
  • loungeafter2.jpg
    loungeafter2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 75
  • diningafter1.jpg
    diningafter1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 66
Just a quick thought re the wall-to-wall cabinets.

Possibly remove the centre door and put a single shelf in for dvd/foxtel/set top box with a hole through the bench for chords etc.

The door 2nd in from the right - switch the hinges/handle around so all doors open to the centre.

Back