Renovation or property development courses

Hi All,

I am interested in buying a few property development and renovation courses to get me started, not after any specific one in particular, just a few of the good ones going around to get me started would be good.

If you have any second hand ones available for sale, that you have already watched, please let me know i?d be keen to purchase them.

MI

I know one course you can do. It has worked well for many many people. Well, it's not a publication. DO a development, a small one and THAT is your education. If done semi-well you even get paid for your education. Amazing huh? ;)

I did The Ultimate Guide To Renovation last year--highly recommended!

Brilliant value, extremely detailed, heaps of fantastic resources. It's worth dozens of times the cost of the course. Don't be fooled into thinking it's just about how to undertake a reno either..covers everything from managing money to identifying suburbs/streets with potential for making great returns, how to use tools, data, website etc.

I did a three day Property Development bootcamp in Melbourne recently with Bob Anderson (Brisbane Based). Dont and wont regret it but unfortunatley the material is and will be put to good use.

I personally like to be educated before "jumping in" although that hasnt always been the case. I have done some blind and just followed my nose and still did ok thanks largely to market forces.

However my risk profile has changed with age and life circumstances so like to go in a bit more clued up these days.

Hi All,

I am interested in buying a few property development and renovation courses to get me started, not after any specific one in particular, just a few of the good ones going around to get me started would be good.

If you have any second hand ones available for sale, that you have already watched, please let me know i?d be keen to purchase them.

MI

Hi MI,

Troy Harris from Rookie Developer runs a one day bus tour around Croydon. It then options onto a full "mentoring program". He takes you through your first development, apparently guaranteeing a minimum 100K profit.

I have not taken the mentoring program but I have done the bus tour, they have half price promotions from time to time. I paid fully amount but only found out some other people paid half... What can I say? If you have no idea about development try the bus tour first. You have the additional benefit of talking to a bus load of like-minded people for a day.

If you need someone to hold your hand, Oscar might be happy to help you. He has helped me with a small development in Melbourne and he is great guy. Also check out Mindmaster's thread on his Sunshine unit development.

Reactions: oc1
I did The Ultimate Guide To Renovation last year--highly recommended!

Brilliant value, extremely detailed, heaps of fantastic resources. It's worth dozens of times the cost of the course. Don't be fooled into thinking it's just about how to undertake a reno either..covers everything from managing money to identifying suburbs/streets with potential for making great returns, how to use tools, data, website etc.

Completely agree - this is a great course.

Also UniSA have a prop development unit you can do online. I wouldnt suggest it is any comparison to first hand experience but it helps with basics.

Back