Rent to Own Spreadsheet

Jon, I think he means a lease option type calculator , not a renting verses buying calculator.

The type where some one rents a house from the owner for X amount of time, then at the end of that period has the option to purchase it at a price that takes into consideration the rent that has been paid to date.

Jon, I think he means a lease option type calculator , not a renting verses buying calculator.

The type where some one rents a house from the owner for X amount of time, then at the end of that period has the option to purchase it at a price that takes into consideration the rent that has been paid to date.
That's the one!

Hi Daniel

There is a product called the Vendor Finance Calculator but it's far from an excel sheet and it's not free. We do have a subscription and, as a vendor finance learning tool, it's excellent. It has many more bells and whistles, especially in the area of qualifying potential buyers, while you're talking to them on the phone. Overall a great tool but, as I said before, not free.

Just for the record, I have no financial interest in the product.

Cheers, Paul

The Vendor Finance Calculator is an amazing tool.

We have used it previously in putting together an option for someone to purchase a property as a Rent to Own home here in Mackay.
It certainly allows you to gain an accurate snapshot as to whether it is worth your time to sell a home in this manner but most importantly it allows you to assess a persons' ability to finance their option. Under the new Finance Licencing laws this is so very important.

Back