i've been in the game 20 years and would agree that in the last 10 years the growth took a different form, but there was still growth in the first 10 - just of a different nature - and same with the 10 years before that and the 10 years before that.I've been in the IP game for over 30 years and I would say that the most recent ten were not much different to the ten before that, and the ten before that, and the ten before that......
I know it might be different from here on in, but it might not.
great to hear, MB, that you have had sucess in your choosen investment path - but we are talking above "average" australian's here, of which you obviously are not one of them. to the average, common, majority of australians their home (and super) will be their only assest by the time they retire.
do not put those on ss up as being typical of average australians - we are probably in the top financial 5% of the country. but we do find that like people hang with like, so it is easy to forget that the other 95% have very poor investing skills.