Rental Condition Report samples

Has anyone got a copy of a typical inspection report that they can put up please?
A new PM, same company different PM, is trying to fob off something along the lines of

A routine inspection on the above property was carried out on XX/XX/XX

The following Maintenance was noted
XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXX
XXX XXXX XXXXX

The tenants are taking good care of the property
If you would like to discuss my comments please do not hesitate to call me.

I am quite sure I have had something more along the lines of a big check list with comment in the past.
And is she allowed to take photo's to show the general condition and appearance?
Thanks

Wow that is really quite lazy!!

My inspection reports used to be 7 or 8 pages long greatly detailing each room, but after going to so much effort for so long and still having to spend weeks chasing owners just to respond to any issues I had raised let alone offer a word of thanks that most agents do a one page report, I shortened my report considerably, it is now only two pages that basically includes a summary of the current rental (current rent, lease status etc.), a comment regarding the overall condition, a section for any maintenance reported or issues noted (i.e. overgrown garden), a section for proposed action and I will make recommendations regarding rental increases and lease renewals if applicable.

I also attach approx 5 photos (depends on the size of the property), to be honest I hate attaching photos because they always lead to trouble! Most times owners will get upset if the property isn’t immaculate (just untidy, not dirty or damaged) and then get upset with me because I am unable to tell a tenant how to live as long as no damage or disturbance if being caused. If they don’t want to wash their dishes for a week.. I think it is disgusting but if no damaged is being caused I can’t do a thing!

But by the same token i have to confess, if i am under the pump my reports will be less subtantial (they will still have everything above in them, but probably not as detailed as i would like), there are only so many hours in the day and when Princples continue to under pay, under staff and under value Property Management that sad truth is the the PM just doesnt have the time to spend a few hours on writing your report

I had a look over mine.

3 page inspection report plus photos. But this was an ingoing inspection.

We have been there for 18 months and haven't had any inspection as yet. Lucky we keep it in good condition.

Hmmm, My inspection reports are about a page long, an expansion on what you have there! Condition of property in and out, list of maintenance, list of recommendations for landlord to carry out, list of requests made of tenants and their time to fulfill said requests and also a comparison to the previous routine inspection. I do take photos and send them to owners too so yes, your PM should be able to do this.

Just ask them if they can send something in a "checklist" format. If it is the same company then your new PM should have access to the reports that the previous PM was using.

Thanks for the response.
I found some old inspection reports that were 6 pages long from a few years back, these were then shortened to one, but as the PM had proven herself to us we were not concerned.
The new one is not proven yet so we want to go back to the original format for a while at least and as for photo's, she says that no photos are allowed without tenants approval.
The act says that this is true if selling, but there is no mention that I can find of permission needed for inspection.
The tenant, of course, is allowed to take photos whenever they want and it is recommended that they do:rolleyes:

At my office, we all use the same format for rouine reports.

We have a one page checklist that covers all the rooms individually and has a spot for agents comments.

We take a photo of each room in the property and take a photo of all maintenance items (broken towel rail etc) so the owner can see what we are asking them to fix.

We then attach the photos and report to an email or letter (similar to what you originally posted). I guess if you trust the PM to tell you if there are any issues, you may not demand lots of photos but I would say you should be getting some at Least. We have all incoming tenants sign a photo release that agrees we show owners photos of their property and also agrees that we may use those photos as advertising material (only as a last resort).

Matt

Back