Rental Express

Has anyone received a promotional letter from Rental Express in regards to them scanning properties advertised for rent and then targeting the owner to flog their services?

I often get crap in the mail, usually addressed to "the property investor" - which potentially could just be junk sent sent out by anyone to those who have ever attended a seminar or made inquiries with them. It does not give any detail to suggest the sender really has any facts, just a stab in the dark.

However today I received one from Rental Express (see photos) which I immediately saw red when I opened it. The envelope was addressed "To The Deception Bay Property Investor", and in the window above that one (imitating a government or similar organisation) was "Return undelivered mail only to GPO Box 9898 in your capital city". If there is no law against this there should be.

I take extreme offense at information being provided on the outside of a mail envelope that I consider private. No doubt this information can be found by anyone who goes looking for it, however when it is potentially handed to someone like a neighbour without them looking for it I do take offense. I have a neighbour who collects my mail sometimes for me - he knows I have an interest in real estate but I have never told him I owned any IP's. There are other residents in the block who I would definitely not like to know - and mail does get put in the wrong letter boxes often!

Such mail would deter me from considering the company - take note Jason! If it had just been addressed to me properly I would not have taken so much offense - just another piece of advertising which I may have considered.

Attachments

• 2010-09-16 046.jpg
    2010-09-16 046.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 3,224
  • 2010-09-16 043.jpg
    2010-09-16 043.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 2,645
Back