Renting out CBD apartment storage

Hi all,

I have some storage that I'm currently renting out. The storage lease is going to be renewed for another 6-12 months.

What would be a reasonable rent per week?

The storage is a lockable cage on the ground floor of my CBD apartment. It's approximately 4sqm - 2m wide, 2m deep and 3m in height.

I've just done a search on Kennards, and the closest storage building they have to Brisbane CBD is at Milton...2km away and for the smallest storage room -1.5m x 1.5m is $125/month including GST. :eek:

Any comments appreciated. :)

-- MJ.

Hi all,

I have some storage that I'm currently renting out. The storage lease is going to be renewed for another 6-12 months.

What would be a reasonable rent per week?

The storage is a lockable cage on the ground floor of my CBD apartment. It's approximately 4sqm - 2m wide, 2m deep and 3m in height.

I've just done a search on Kennards, and the closest storage building they have to Brisbane CBD is at Milton...2km away and for the smallest storage room -1.5m x 1.5m is $125/month including GST. :eek:

Any comments appreciated. :)

-- MJ.

Are their Body corporate restrictions on who can rent it? Usually they restrict (rental of storage & car park facilities) to residents of the building. That would impact your potential market.

I am curious as to what you are charging now? And does that person want to re-rent it or are you looking for somebody new?

Are their Body corporate restrictions on who can rent it? Usually they restrict (rental of storage & car park facilities) to residents of the building. That would impact your potential market.

Hi buzz,

Yes - you have to be a tenant in the building because the storage room is protected by swipe card.

I am curious as to what you are charging now? And does that person want to re-rent it or are you looking for somebody new?

Currently charging $10/week or thereabouts. The current person wants to extend. I want to get them on a 12 month lease.

The way they pack those uni students into city apartments, you could probably stick a bunk bed in there and get a couple of hundred dollars a week for the space.

Back