Renting out IP to more than 6 people+ ?

aaron how much effort was it, i have been toying with the idea of setting something like this up but have been scared off by the regs and i have a few to many other things going on at the moment.

Any particular acts/legislation i should put in my 'inbox to read'.

you mentioned they are on the same lease there for not having exclusive use of a particular room by that do you mean you have everyone on the same physical lease e.g. 1 new tenant means 6 new signatures, or you have 6 individual leases for the entire house with the understanding certain tenants get majority (but carefully not exclusive) use of a bedroom.

Sorry Aaron to clarify that the planning scheme defines it as 10 or more habitable rooms. I know building and health regulations obviously differ.

nah that's not true actually. It's defined as having 4 or more unrelated people living in the same house and with exclusive rights to each room.

And if indeed JohnHenry really wants to to things legally and properly, then my apologies to him. He will learn a lot by asking questions here, but he needs to get up to speed on all the rules and regulations if he wants to go down the boarding house path, and he needs to get a PM and an accountant until he knows what he is doing in those areas.

Yes, that is why I ask this kind of question in this forum.
many thanks for the response and sharing, now I learn that it is not legal to do it more than 1 people in the living room or one in the converted garage.

The cashflow+ factor is good but illegal :-|

you mentioned they are on the same lease there for not having exclusive use of a particular room by that do you mean you have everyone on the same physical lease e.g. 1 new tenant means 6 new signatures, or you have 6 individual leases for the entire house with the understanding certain tenants get majority (but carefully not exclusive) use of a bedroom.

yes that is correct. all 6 signatures on the one lease. Where they reside within the house is none of my business - I give them the entire house and that's it.

Back