Rents have collapsed in Sydney

Reply: 2.1.1.2.1.1.1.1

I have a 2 bed unit in Rockdale - 4 years old. It was rented for $270 p/w and last month after being vacant for 11 days (enough time to fix a few things), I rented it for $300 p/w. What have I learned from all of this?? 1. Get yourself a good property manager (I believe advertising it on the web helped greatly) Many agents still don't use the web.

2. Location, Location, Location
Based on where I bought, I have always been of the belief that if my unit does'nt rent, virtually nothing in Rockdale will.

3. Presentation is everything...I can't believe how many landlords there are out there that won't lift a finger to fix up their properties and then wonder why they don't rent...DAH!!!! Mine was so clean once I finished with it, you could have eaten off the toilet bowl!!! (Bit cramped though)

Has growth suffered?? Well I have had it for 4.3 years and the growth has been 9.78%. Nothing spectacular but it beats a Term Deposit!!!!!

I liken the current IP climate to the Starship Enterprise during a klingon attack. Hold on tight enough and you will prevail even though shields are down to 11%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back