Repair Drainage / Sewer Pipe cracks

Hi all,

I recently have CCTV scanned all the pipe network in my building.

The plumber has found a crack each in the sewer and drainage pipe. He has provided a quote to replace the broken section and to conduct a CCTV scan (again).

Does any one know if a 2nd CCTV scan is necessary? or could i ask him to requote without doing another scan to keep our cost down? The total quote is approx 4000 to fix and re-scan.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I recently have CCTV scanned all the pipe network in my building.

The plumber has found a crack each in the sewer and drainage pipe. He has provided a quote to replace the broken section and to conduct a CCTV scan (again).

Does any one know if a 2nd CCTV scan is necessary? or could i ask him to requote without doing another scan to keep our cost down? The total quote is approx 4000 to fix and re-scan.

Thanks in advance.

It depends on what the initial CCTV scan included. Sometimes the initial scan is just a quick look to find the problem. They then need the CCTV again when they do the repair to locate the actual position of the break needing repair.

Also many people want to see that the repair has been carried out properly.

It depends on what the initial CCTV scan included. Sometimes the initial scan is just a quick look to find the problem. They then need the CCTV again when they do the repair to locate the actual position of the break needing repair.

Also many people want to see that the repair has been carried out properly.

sounds like a logical explanation for a re-scan...

Back