REPEATED: What advice would you give yourself 10 years ago that you know now?

Hello Everyone,
I am new in this Forum & Trying to get educated. I was going through some of the old topic & the topic i like most by myself is What advice would you give yourself 10 years ago that you know now? So i am repeating the topics to know how you guys are going & what advice you want to give yourself 10 or 20 years ago.

Thanks

Get educated!

(If I had I would've known how to hang on to my 1 investment property and things would look significantly different now)

Just go back ten years and look at the person you were, then come back too right now and see who you are now,that may answer the question..

10 years ago barely have a cent on me. Tell parents to get me property in Sydney and I will sell it 10 years later and pay them in full :rolleyes:

On a serious note - get into the market once you are able to.

The advise I would give is:

Money will come if you have a plan/goal and work to it so don't stress about money. Worry instead on the kind of person you are becoming and work on being the kind of person you would like to be

dont get married
dont think about buying a good investment property, just frigging do it
if you think you are ugly now, wait 10 years!!!

dont get married
dont think about buying a good investment property, just frigging do it
if you think you are ugly now, wait 10 years!!!

Good post but I actually got better w age, seems that younger woman get weak at the knees over mid 30 guys

Like Rolf said - go hard & go early, but I'd add - don't overstretch to the point you could fail if just one thing goes wrong........thank you GFC for your low IRs at the time :) which saved my bacon.

Buy more property in high growth inner CBD suburbs. The superior CG is way better than a few extra $'s per week rental yield on a lower CG property.

Be your own guru. (I got talked out of buying in Frankston years ago by a Melbourne BA).

Stay away from negative people and people that want to argue about everything - it is too draining and you could better use the time.

Like Rolf said - go hard & go early, but I'd add - don't overstretch to the point you could fail if just one thing goes wrong........thank you GFC for your low IRs at the time :) which saved my bacon.

Buy more property in high growth inner CBD suburbs. The superior CG is way better than a few extra $'s per week rental yield on a lower CG property.

Be your own guru. (I got talked out of buying in Frankston years ago by a Melbourne BA).

Stay away from negative people and people that want to argue about everything - it is too draining and you could better use the time.

Agree with is!! Mine would be dont worry about girls they come and go and always get better haha.

Started as early as I could have 7 years ago

Like Rolf said - go hard & go early

like Prop said - Buy more property in high growth inner CBD suburbs. My first buy was too far from cbd. If I picked something closer to cbd, the better equity growth over the years would've assisted me in accumulating at a much faster rate

Listen to your elders!

One of my mentors actually told me to buy a place in Parramatta due to it being the next big place and I laughed at him and told him that I will never ever to to Parramatta in my life!

Fast forward 10 years and I live close to Parra, work in Parra and study in Parra.

Back