Reporting a welfare cheat / fraudster

I think last time I checked in our judicial system one is innocent until proven guilty.

Hence the onus would be on proving the crime...

I don't know anyone on sit-down money ,but I know a few high-end public servants I meet while sitting on the side of the road the other day in front of a few signs for a "MAN"--Doctor who intends to take up the call-up for the seat that the former"PM" of this country held for many years then threw in the towel at tax payers great expence in a inner Southside area,one works in a bunker on welfare cheats on data matching and while sitting on the side of the roundabout watching the public drive some giving the finger others blowing their car horns,wefare cheats came up after the Lady asked what I do ,and she told me her line of employment is,The Lady told me up-front most are caught from anonymous phone calls,or they slips over on a small medicare item,every office bank doctors workplaces have cctv ,plus street cameras they would be able to track the person back too their home,,if you are that stupid to take the system on they pay the price..

Dear Willair

Could you please punctuate your post as it is terribly difficult to follow. I'm not sure why you quoted me - are you saying you don't agree regarding my statement?

Form what I could decipher, you allege most welfare cheats are caught by others who "dob them in". Sure, great. Bit that doesn't alter the fact that you are innocent till proven guilty.

I think I will dob in Bayview!
He should be able to prove his innocence,however it will cost him a lot more than $100 in lost wages while he attends court,not to mention the expense to the tax payer for all those court cost's.
As it happens discarding cigarette butts' from a car window also disgusts me but it is normally quite difficult to positively identify the culprit on our busy roads and a police officer on an unmarked motor cycle would be far more effective and appropriate.
I was once fined $150 for an motoring offence I did not commit,it still sticks in my throat,however I did not contest it as that would have cost me a lot more,win or lose......

True.

The report is an allegation - same as anyone else who gets pinged for an alleged offense.

Then you have your day in court if you want.

From what I'm told - in the case of the smoker who throws the butt out the window - not many take up the option...why would that be do you think?

the problem with our system is that sometimes it costs too much to fight allegations. or really fight anything in court. both in time and legal expenses.

so to reverse your scenario: your renters move out and owe you rent which is 100 bucks more than their bond. somehow i think the chances of seeing you in tribunal over that 100 are very slim.

I think I will dob in Bayview!
LOL! Bit hard from W.A over here to Vic, but go for it.

I'll be over in Perth in April for our 20 year Anniversary, so maybe you can follow me down the road and get some details then.

He should be able to prove his innocence,however it will cost him a lot more than $100 in lost wages while he attends court,not to mention the expense to the tax payer for all those court cost's.
And the cost to taxpayers for the clean up of my constant littering too, hey?

And the fire brigades for attending the grass/bush fires caused by my ciggy butts...oh; hang on - I don't smoke.

As it happens discarding cigarette butts' from a car window also disgusts me
Good. So take some action using the system available to you.

but it is normally quite difficult to positively identify the culprit on our busy roads
Sometimes it is, so you can't catch 'em all. But often times it isn't hard....Eureka!

and a police officer on an unmarked motor cycle would be far more effective and appropriate.
I would love to see a few thousand more cops out and about...who will fund them? How about all the fines from the litterers that you could be catching instead of whining about how evil I am?

Seriously; when was the last time anyone here ever heard of a litterer getting fined (other than smokers who are dobbed in by pests like me and many others)

I was once fined $150 for an motoring offence I did not commit,it still sticks in my throat,however I did not contest it as that would have cost me a lot more,win or lose......
And have you ever been let off for a driving offense because the cop was in a good mood? We all have, so you are probably even - or less hardly done by than you might have been.

so to reverse your scenario: your renters move out and owe you rent which is 100 bucks more than their bond. somehow i think the chances of seeing you in tribunal over that 100 are very slim.
Well, as a matter of fact; this has happened on a few occasions....runners in the night (owing rent) and lots of clean up left behind etc. LL insurance doesn't cover it all.

But hey; the poor renters have no leg to stand on, right? ACA said so.

In another industry - I am owed a few thousand dollars by current "customers" of my workshop...little amounts mostly, but it is a waste of time to try and recover the money.

So, you can sink your boots into me as much as you like, you won't shame me for dobbing in smokers and welfare cheats.

Back