Reporting a welfare cheat / fraudster

True that about convicts. Sheep stealing should be up there with the worst crimes.

My great grandmother was transported for sheep stealing. Butt hat still didn't stop a sheep farmer from marrying my sister.

I couldn't breathe properly on the bus home from work today due to an indigenous group sniffing thinners up the back. Glad to see my tax dollars are spent on safe public transport and welfare for those who dont feel like working.

Last edited:
True that about convicts. Sheep stealing should be up there with the worst crimes.

My great grandmother was transported for sheep stealing. Butt hat still didn't stop a sheep farmer from marrying my sister.

Who is "butt hat"? :D:eek: and would he really have any say in who your sister could marry? :p

Who is "butt hat"? :D:eek: and would he really have any say in who your sister could marry? :p

How did that happen? A mysterious computer gremlin stole a space character and then reinserted it into the worst possible position. Sue the gremlin!

My great grandmother was transported for sheep stealing. But that still didn't stop a sheep farmer from marrying my sister.

I must demur....the sheep farmer was merely behaving in a heroic way like our jolly swagman whom we love so well!

Down came a jumbuck to drink at that billabong.
Up jumped the swagman and grabbed him with glee.
And he sang as he shoved that jumbuck in his tucker bag:
"You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me."

Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda
"You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me",
And he sang as he shoved that jumbuck in his tucker bag:
"You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me."

Up rode the squatter, mounted on his thoroughbred.
Down came the troopers, one, two, and three.
"Whose is that jumbuck you've got in your tucker bag?
You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me."

Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda
"You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me",
"Whose is that jumbuck you've got in your tucker bag?
You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me."

Up jumped the swagman and sprang into the billabong.
"You'll never take me alive!" said he
And his ghost may be heard as you pass by that billabong:
"Who'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me?"

I couldn't breathe properly on the bus home from work today due to an indigenous group sniffing thinners up the back. Glad to see my tax dollars are spent on safe public transport and welfare for those who dont feel like working.

You could drive to work.. oh wait.

But on the bright side, all those speeding fines paid for welfare to buy the thinners on the bus, its the circle of life.

No way! Just noting the irony of a sheep grower marrying a sheep stealer (genes which I also share- yes, I have woolly genes).

Oops, my bad! Apologies then...I read too much into the joke :D
'that didn't stop the sheep farmer from marrying my sister (the 'supposed'' sheep).
The sheep farmer wasn't penalised for marrying (stealing) your sister (the sheep) through marriage

Back to original topic....

I would report them. If they are legally claiming benefits for whatever physical or mental reason then all well and good, if they are rorting then Centrelink will get their money back.

And I definately disagree that rorting is the Australian way. Unless you are a politician of course...

"For evil to triumph, all it takes is for good men to do nothing".

Welfare. Australian way.
This "Australian Way" you are so happy to support ultimately lessens everyone's lifestyle, amenities, services, emergency services, jobs - police numbers and teachers, etc that the Gubb might have funded.

The ramifications are widespread.

I hope there is a cop, paramendic, firey, surgeon, nurse etc there when you desperately need one in an emergency situation...private health care won't save you if you fall under a bus...publicly funded services might.

Let's all allow the "Aussie Way" folks to keep on keeping on, bleeding us all dry....yeah.

Good social equaliser. But at the same time, I'm not a hypocrite. So when these people tell me about cutting CGT discount and negative gearing, I'm happy to cut them if they pay all the welfare back.
The difference is one is constructive and progressive, provides incentive to folk to invest and also supply housing to those who can't buy, and so on...the other is destructive to the economy, and while they may not realise it - to the welfare recipient as well.

I'm yet to see any welfare recipient living the Life of Riley (yes; there will be the odd exception), so we don't want to be encouraging it, and/or turning a blase blind eye to those who rort it, thanks.

Last edited:
You dont need to rort the system, just get yourself reclassified. Young girl aquaintance who was on the dole has just been reclassified to the new disability pension. She is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and has the liability of one druggie mother (father a genuine hard worker) but could certainly work on a production line or similar job. Reclassification result - she now gets $400 a week! Lives at home - spends it all on smokes and mild drugs. How is this helping people?

Reclassification result - she now gets $400 a week! Lives at home - spends it all on smokes and mild drugs. How is this helping people?
Imagine how well she could do if she was to think like us folk here, and got her priorities in order.

But; she won't of course.

Like all welfare cheats; they are far too clever, don't you know?...just ask them.

"He, he, he - I'm scammin' the Gubbmint! I've got all the answers ;)...now; where's me smokes and appointment card for the Tatt shop?"

So how does your moral compass dictate when to take stance and when to just "put up with it"?
I take it welfare cheats and tax evasion is fine by you... as this is the "Australian way". Maybe you need to find new acquaintances? I don't think this is Australian at all :mad:

Which of the following would you take a stance on...or are some of these the Australian way as well?

1. Possession of unlicensed fire arms - will report
2. Illegal drug use / possession - none of my business
3. Under age drinking - none of my business
4. Drink driving - what am I going to do about this? No evidence
5. Spousal abuse - none of my business. The spouse is an adult and can make her own decisions
6. Child abuse - will report
7. Physical assault - will report
8. Money laundering - happens all the time. I'm not going to go out of my way to find evidence
9. Embezzlement - what' the difference between this and (8)?
10. Bribery - happens all the time. I'm not going to go out of my way to find evidence
11. Drug dealing - happens all the time. I'm not going to go out of my way to find evidence
12. Sexual assault - will report
13. Slavery - will report

Keen to hear why you would think welfare fraud (theft) and tax avoidance may or may not differ to some of the other crimes on the list above?

Welfare fraud is different because many people in society have come to accept it as a fact of life and an evil you won't get rid of for as long as these people get to vote, because there are many political organisations that will cast a blind eye to this kind of practice (eg Greens, ALP) and would much prefer to tax the rich to solve issues.

People from all political spectrums don't accept slavery or bribery as a fact of life. That's the difference. See above for my moral compass.

"For evil to triumph, all it takes is for good men to do nothing".

This "Australian Way" you are so happy to support ultimately lessens everyone's lifestyle, amenities, services, emergency services, jobs - police numbers and teachers, etc that the Gubb might have funded.

The ramifications are widespread.

I hope there is a cop, paramendic, firey, surgeon, nurse etc there when you desperately need one in an emergency situation...private health care won't save you if you fall under a bus...publicly funded services might.

Let's all allow the "Aussie Way" folks to keep on keeping on, bleeding us all dry....yeah.

The difference is one is constructive and progressive, provides incentive to folk to invest and also supply housing to those who can't buy, and so on...the other is destructive to the economy, and while they may not realise it - to the welfare recipient as well.

I'm yet to see any welfare recipient living the Life of Riley (yes; there will be the odd exception), so we don't want to be encouraging it, and/or turning a blase blind eye to those who rort it, thanks.

I can't help it that so many people rort it.

If the general public really had such an issue with welfare exploiters and rorts, they wouldn't keep voting left-wing segments of the political spectrum into power.

And no, I'm not happy about it. But what do I do about it? I cast my vote to stop it, but people vote otherwise. I consider it the price I pay for fresh air, living in a not very competitive society, big houses and tracts of land and lots of trees.

When I get tired of paying hundreds of thousands of taxes per year (as I do) supporting around 10 welfare rorting families, I'll leave to more efficient but more competitive societies (eg Japan, Hong Kong, China, Singapore). There's pros and cons in every society and system and the sooner we realise that, the happier we'll be.

Welfare fraud is different because many people in society have come to accept it as a fact of life and an evil you won't get rid of for as long as these people get to vote, because there are many political organisations that will cast a blind eye to this kind of practice (eg Greens, ALP) and would much prefer to tax the rich to solve issues.

People from all political spectrums don't accept slavery or bribery as a fact of life. That's the difference. See above for my moral compass.

I don't believe "many" people accept it at all. You seem to be a lone voice on this thread accepting it...I think that is telling. I also don't believe that because the thieving turds vote that they should get to continue doing it either. I really don't have time to try to make you understand why your views are not main stream but will say this as a last comment, you make a big point above in not going out of your way to find evidence. No one is asking you to be Sherlock Holmes. If a drug dealer set up outside your house every night and sold drugs to people who then sat on your lawn, over dosed, abused you and your family and generally impacted on you in a negative way, would you then say "none of my business" or "no evidence"? I suspect you would report it to the police to get this crime stopped. On the other hand you say you know upwards of 100 people committing fraud and tax evasion (you already have the evidence...no need for your Sherlock Holmes cap and pipe) and you say it's OK :confused: Anyway, good luck with your compass...

To all others, I am calling relevant authorities this Monday and reporting the Thief. Will update once I have done my good deed for the day :cool:

Deltaberry, sorry if it turns out to be one of your friends but I won't stand by "Fiddling while Rome burns".....

Back