Request for Information on Refund Real Estate, Refund Home Loans, Refund Group & Wayn

There's a really simple business reason not to be looking at a Refund Home Loans franchise...

There is a lot of discussion in the mortgage broking industry about 'fee for service'. The argument being that brokers should be charging a fee for their advice.

The pros and cons of fee for service are many, but I do beleive that if this became common practice, lenders would initially reduce, then stop paying commissions to brokers.

The Refund Home Loans model is to collect the commission from the lender, then 'refund' part of this commission back to the borrower. They pay you to do business with them. This model obviously looses its marketing impact if they have to collect a fee up front only to give some of it back later.

Personally I hope mortgage brokers don't go to a uniform fee for service model. It would mean a lot of brokers go out of business and it would reduce competition in the mortgage markets to almost nothing. Most brokers would shut shop. It would be guaranteed death knell for every Refund Home Loans franchise.

Rolf is right

I believe Rolf is right, you dont need to be part of a franchise to become a successful broker, real estate agent, etc.

I always say if the best agents in town changed to pizza real estate, would pizza real estate become the best agency? Yes, a business is built upon the people within.

Last edited by a moderator:
My advice is to make sure you understand the franchisee business model - sounds like you do (offering a refund is a quasi variable marketing expense). Also, you must understand the franchisor business model and ensure there's incentive to it to keep franchisees happy. My understanding is that with some models a healthy level of franchisee turnover is good for business as the franchisor retains the reoccurring income.

My understanding is that with some models a healthy level of franchisee turnover is good for business as the franchisor retains the reoccurring income.

Good advice! I have also seen a few franchisor business plans and some of those really are in the business of selling franchises rather than helping franchisees be successful and mutually benefit.

Try also searching the government inquiries into franchising as well as franchise information site called blue mau mau.

Some interesting cases there. You can read more on them by clicking on view orders on the right.

Just saw a 10minute report on ACA (I think),

obviously they've gone into administrators

apparently Wayne had a Audi Q7, Jeep, 2 Rolls Royce and a Bentley leased under his name, of which the company claimed it was used by employees.
A Bentley!!!!!

Amongst the usual sensationalist media, I noted that the administrators had hired Wayne himself for $150k, to be a consultant.....that I didn't understand

I remember watching this guy on Your Money Your Call a few months ago - and he was very smart and informative - and didn't just give 'yes' answers - even challenged the other panelists!

I'm sure he will pick himself back up and lease another Bentley soon... though you'd hope he would rethink the Bentley strategy this time!

Just saw a 10minute report on ACA (I think),

obviously they've gone into administrators

apparently Wayne had a Audi Q7, Jeep, 2 Rolls Royce and a Bentley leased under his name, of which the company claimed it was used by employees.
A Bentley!!!!!

Amongst the usual sensationalist media, I noted that the administrators had hired Wayne himself for $150k, to be a consultant.....that I didn't understand

Paper trail may be convoluted and they want the architects help unravelling it?

Back