Rescue Pets

Meet Bindi - our newest family member and rescue pet.

She's progressed from hubby shaking his head in disapproval at her arrival and insisting that both our dogs now "stay outside" - to "okay, kitchen" - to "okay, tiled kitchen/living/dining"

She needs some serious fattening up and loving .. only a matter of time before she's on the couch.

p.s. All our dogs and cats have been rescue pets for as long as I can remember

Attachments

• Bindi.jpg
    Bindi.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 113
Lovely looking dog, lizzie.
Glad I'm not the only one with an expanding family. Just picked up another cat who the ice addicts left behind when they moved on last weekend.
Every memeber is completely different and unpredictable. I wonder what she will add to your happy family. :)

Lovely girl Lizzie, and such curious eyes :)

Can't understand why people buy from breeders etc.

Various reason to buy from reputable breeder, one is that I don't think I can handle rescue, nor qualify for one. Maybe in the future when I have enough space and time.

Beautiful dog Lizzie. Judging from her fur she's had a pretty rough start to life.. No doubt she'll have a beautiful coat after some fattening up :) hubby may lose his spot on the couch :)

Yesterday we had an introduction to a kelpie rescue dog and are very keen to adopt her. Fingers crossed everything goes ok with the application and we can pick her up next weekend.

hahahaha - OMG I love your cat!

My rescue cat (plucked at 4 weeks from a swimming pool) simply is a great rabbiter and likes to attack passing legs when least expected.

Yes Bindi's fur is very dull and coarse - and can easily feel her ribs without even trying. We've wormed and flea'd - and she in the process of fattening up, although she's running ragged in play with Spot (our existing rescue dog) so it could take a while :D

p.s. She's already sleeping in the loungeroom at night ...

She's lovely!

All 5 of our cats are rescues. Two of them are now 17 years old, the other three are around 8 years.

What a sweetheart!

The only reason we don't have rescue pets, is because we can't have animals at all - husband is far too allergic. That said, next door's cat spends all her time in our backyard - we feed her, she has her little igloo with a warm comfy bed (which she spends about ten hours a day sleeping in) - so in some ways we get the good parts of pet ownership without the vet bills.

Back