Research tool/s (CITIC Confirm Qld)

As part of my research re possible purchase of the next IP/s, I had access to the QVAS (Queensland Valuation and Sales Service) via CITIC Confirm (to do unlimited bulk searches rather then a one charge per a single search on each property). QVAS uses the data from the Qld Dept of Natural Resources' records, however this service has just been discontinued as of Feb 2004, much to my dismay. :mad:

It was alot cheaper then the service/info provider that real estate agents (and gov bodies) use called RP Data. RP Data is said to be $5,000+ p.a! (compared to CITIC's $700 p.a). RP Data provides colour photos of most properties which I don't think I need anyway.

CITIC have stated that they have "plans to extend this (a new?) service to include national valuation information progressively over the coming months. CITEC Confirm will be obtaining this information from a contracted partner, Australian Property Monitors Pty Ltd (APM)." (Somehow I dislike, perhaps don't trust? the info from APM and their high charges.)

I was wondering what other service/info like QVAS (and costs) do other members use (don't suggest to walk in a agent and ask for this info from their RP Data database eveytime you want to do a bit of research). I am aware that ARB is a company that provides this service as well but don't know what info they provide or the cost (value for money etc).

Does any one use RP Data or ARB or other info databases to do their researches?

Danny D.

Dear Danny,

ARB. What you are looking for is www.abr.com.au. :)

All the RP Data and similar databases I agree have information that is critical to your research.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22205&postcount=8
http://www.abr.com.au/home/fees.php3
http://www.abr.com.au/home/disbursement.htm

don't suggest to walk in a agent and ask for this info from their RP Data database eveytime you want to do a bit of research

Why not?

A question to ask is do you need to pay for it, or pay for all of it by yourself?

If you have a good relationship with your local agent/s then you should be able to get a printout/e-mail of this information. That means no cost. How many searches do you need a week? It is possible for printouts to be done on a street by street basis.

An alternative is to put together a group of 4 or 5 likeminded people and share the cost of accessing this information on a regular basis.

However if you are an agent or a buyers agent I agree that you cannot operate without paying for this service.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

I agree with Sunstone here - you have a number of options that will provide you with some if not all of the info you require.

What works for me is that I have one RE in particular that I am regularly in contact with. We have what might be called a 'working relaitonship' and she emailed me the info I required when I had gone through all of my usual pre-offer due diligence on my last purchase (finance approval last week). Even though this wasn't one of her listings, she understands that when I am ready to purchase again she will be the first RE I approach to show me 'the next buy' as she fully understands what I am looking for and is an investor in her own right.

Pedro

Back