Researching the Melbourne Market

I am just beginning to research the Melbourne market and need some help. Does anyone know the equivalent or similar organisation to Residex in NSW & QLD, where I can obtain information of capital growth of particular suburbs, sales history etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Residex doesn't service Melbourne (yet). There is a publication you can get from Information Victoria (I can't remember its name!!) which has information on property values in Victorian suburbs. It comes out annually but I've been on a waiting list for last year's publication for 6 months and still haven't heard anything (maybe they've forgotten about me!!)

Gidget.

Reply: 1.1

That publication is called: A guide to property values, and can be obtained from the ground floor at:570 Bourke Street, city. This is what the LAndata folx told me when I rang them. Haven't picked up my copy yet, but it's around $60. Seen it though, and it's worth paying for.

Reply: 1.1.1

Many libraries have this report (and a collection of previous years' reports). Certainly, the Monash Uni library has it.

Instead of waiting for someone to send it to you.. you could go to a library and read the pages of relevance to you, for free.

Andrew Scott

Reply: 1.1.1.1

You can also buy it on line (I know I have for 2 years in a row!) I find it by going to www.bookshop.vic.gov.au
Keep smiling
Felicity :cool:

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Thanks guys, I just got online and ordered it. This Forum is great! so supportive and so easy, any other info would also be appreciated.
Wendy

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Try The Home Price Guide
by Australian Property Monitors.
(02) 9339 8200 Syd or
1800 817 616
They send out info on the particular
post code you want sales results for.
Similar to Residex but have Melbourne
covered. I use it regularly.

Justin