Return from HK Land

W

WebBoard

Hi All

I have just returned from HK land. Land of fast cash and fast investment strategies.. :)

So many messages to catch up on.

I hope Solomon (from previous postings on HK) achieved what he was looking for??

Lan

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Lan,

I hope you got out of it everything you hoped for.

Would you mind sharing the highlights? Lowlights? It'd be good to see a balanced view from someone who just recently did the course. I think quite a few in the forum would be interested to know. Don't have to, it's just a thought, Lan.

Cheers,

Dave
:)

"Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than being able to decide" (Napoleon Bonaparte)

Reply: 1.1

I've also just returned from HK (and I ain't talkin' about Hong Kong).

I got a refund at lunchtime on Day 3 so I can't speak for what happened after that, but here's a few things that stuck in my mind from the 2 and a half days I sat through. When you're reading this, please remember it's just my humble opinion and I am in no way commenting on the merits of HK's program. I think anyone who's interested in IP could do worse than go to HK's 4 hour intro (which is free) and form their own opinion.

1. There were nearly 3000 people there, presumably at an average of 10-15K per head.
2. Henry is a very smart guy who is making a truckload of money from what he's doing.
3. He has a mind blowing number of strategies, varying from the basic to the very complex - a strategy for every situation.
4. He has personally implemented a lot, but not all, of the strategies he talks about.
5. The whole thing was very highly organised but very long and there were too many people there.
6. When we asked for a refund we were not given a hard time. We did have to go through an "exit interview" process but there was no real pressure put on us to stay. We expect to receive our refund in 3-4 weeks. Projecting on what I saw, I'd guess they were going to lose about 10% of the people there.

Why did we (my wife went too) bail?

Because we divided the information we were receiving into 3 groups:
a) stuff we already knew
b) stuff we wanted to know and felt we could use
c) stuff that was too sophisticated, too hard to understand or too hard to believe.

We found that bucket a) was quite full, bucket c) was flooding the whole floor but bucket b) - the bucket we really wanted to fill - was pretty empty.

Happy to discuss further if anyone has any specific questions.

Cheers,
PM

Reply: 1.1.1

I returned from Sydney this morning and am one of those who stayed till the very end (12:30am this morning). I am a beginner in property investment business and my aim was to learn as much as I possibly could. Here are some of my thoughts:
- amount of information was HUGE! From the most basic stuff to the most advanced and sophisticated. WOW factor grew exponentially as days progressed. I estimate that Sunday afternoon and Monday covered 70% of all information given.
- HK is a great presenter and just to see his level of energy and enthusiasm is inspirational. On Monday he talked for 13 hours!
- He can explain things in a very simple manner (even I was able to understand everything). He doesn’t use any “big words”, keeps things simple and logical. He is very very very confident but not arrogant.
- He kept all his super unbelievable promises except for one. Only one, as far as I could observe.
- By Sunday and Monday I’d been talking to quite a few people who already have some (bigger and smaller) property portfolio. ALL of them said that next time they would do things differently.
- Everything what he talked about on Monday was new to almost everybody in the audience (over 2000 people). How do I know? He always asks, that’s how.

Negative points?
- Sometimes he talks too fast.
- No really, things which annoyed me were so small in comparison with the positive factors that they are not worth thinking about.

My conclusion:
I might be ever able to implement 1/10 of everything he was talking about. I don’t know at this point of time. But the amount of knowledge I gained there is much more than I ever expected.

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Fantastic!,thanks for comments on HK.
One thing keeps going through my mind over and over

3000 times 12500 dollars equals

$ 37500000

P.S not bad money hey!

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

I thought that this forum is about how to make money from property investment. I thought that people here are interested in knowing how to do things or how to do things better to make more money. If you want to spend time and energy thinking about and envying all the people who make more money than you, well, that's very unattractive prospect to me. No matter what you do or how rich you are, there is always going to be somebody richer! So what?!

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Hello
Just wondering at what point would you class this course as overpriced, if he charged 100,000 would you class this as overpriced (but hey he's making you potentially 1-10M so it will be worth it), going on this type of thinking he could charge anything, and his deciples will justify it.
Regards Adam

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Adam makes an interesting point and it's one that HK constantly reiterates, e.g. "if I could show you a way of making $100,000 guaranteed, would you give me half?".

The answer has to be an individual one and it comes down to whatever you're comfortable with. If I felt that I was going to go out and use HK's advanced strategies, I would have been willing to part with my 12 grand but the fact is I thought it very unlikely that I would use those strategies.

One thing that really concerned me about the HK seminar (and this is not necessarily all Henry's fault) is that there were so many people there coming from different backgrounds, different levels of knowledge and for vastly different reasons. Some (most IMHO) are either never going to implement these strategies or are going to try and fail. I raised this point in my exit interview and the consultant's response was along the lines of "yeah you're right, if we could sort the sophisticated investors from the rest we could charge them 50 grand!"

To HK's credit, he is very up front about his line of business. It's not property investment, it's seminars and education.

Cheers,
PM

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.2

Hi,
In reality, what does it mean that something is overpriced? I am sure we could have a very long discussion about that. I think that it only means that there is not enough people willing to pay for it. Do you think that all those people paying ridiculous amount of money (according to my opinion) for Ferrari cars think that it's overpriced?
For Michael: property investment is business. People who invest in properties want to make money, right? Why else would anybody do it?

Cheers,
Vera

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1

Hi All

My most remembered moment about the seminar was whenever the adored HK made a comment he would turn to the audience and ask "Put your hand up if you agree?" And everyone would put their hand up.

This happened about say 50 times during an hour. Sitting there with around 3000 other people, my mind conjured up images of a German man with an obscure moustache raising his right hand and thousands of men following suit...

To conclude, HK is a very very very smart man - he definitely fits the rich dad criteria that Kiyosaki mentions - make money work for you!

Lan
"I've got all the money I'll ever need if I die by four o'clock this afternoon."

P.S Just got to have a quote if every else has :)

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.2.2

Hi Michael,

You are right, making money does not equal an investment. I agree, I just didn't express myself well enough. But I still think that property investment is a form of business. On the other hand, there are people out there who buy a property or two and that's it. They just collect rental, pay the rest because they are negatively geared, and hope that one day they sell it for big money. And they call themselves property investors. Ok, you were right with this one too :)

Vera

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.2.2.1

Lan, thought it was funny how you mentioned that German (actually, he was Austrian) man with the obscure moustache... I've thought of the same comparison myself re: the blind following their leader with no question. One thing I've noticed is that NOT ONE person from HKs seminar actually tells what it is that was so great about it, no matter how many times the request comes up. To Michael: wraps, flips, buy and hold: They're all businesses, it's how much time you spend looking after them that matters, well I reckon so.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.2.2.1.1

Hi,

True, good point. I have to agree with you :)

I guess, my viewpoint was wraps are more of a service than an investment.

Michael

Back