revaluing

W

WebBoard

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my question on revaluing.

I've gotten in touch with the bank valuer, and they want to charge me $550 (against $200 if the bank instructed them) to get a valuation done. Their reason is they do a lot of volume for the bank, so they have a fixed price with them. How can they charge me $350 more for doing the same work??

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

Gurbinder

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Go and get quotes from other valuers. Then start negotiating them off against each other to get a better deal.

Remember "Everything is Negotiable".

I'm sure they won't be the only valuers that sit on your banks panel in you area. So talk to a few others and get the price down.

Cheers
Robert

Reply: 1.1

I may try that Robert. Thanks. In the mean time, can anyone suggest a good valuer that values property in malvern area.

Thanks in advance.

Gurbinder

Reply: 1.2

Hi Gurbinder

I don't live in Melbourne, but as a guide, the banks valuer charged me $330 for my private valuation.

I would simply ask them to do it for less as they will not have to come out and revisit your place when the bank orders their own. They can just put a new cover on the one they did for you.

Paul

Reply: 1.2.1

Someone mentioned earlier on the Forum that if you need depreciation schedule done it would cost anything between 500 to 2000 dollars.

I wounder if Valuation can be included into "Valuation" for Depreciation Schedule?

Has it ever been done before?

Kill two birds in one-shot sort of speak.

Serge.

Reply: 1.2.1.1

The depreciation schedual is deductible, but I'm not sure if it is in the year that it is done or over 5 years. I "think" it's deductible in the year that it is produced.

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

Reply: 1.2.1.1.1

Hi

Yes, it (the QS report) is fully deductible in the year that you pay for it. Funny though, the deduction is not shown against the property itself, but, in the "other deduction" part of your tax return.

Dale

Back