Reviews

I had a recent bad experience with a tiling company, I decided i would provide feedback on their service in the way of a review, it also included a rating, I rated it as POOR.

I was told to be careful when giving a negative review as I could get sued and there was a case in QLD where someone was taken to court over a review.

But I read reviews all the time, in partcular resturants etc.
Seems very common these days to look at reviews

Anyone know anything about this stuff

MTR

It seems silly, to be able to provide a review, which is basically your own opinion, but then may be sued.

How wrong is that !!!!

How can freedom of speech and honest review of someones service be considered liable?

Review away, its word of mouth (now internet) that has always sorted the best from worst).

Feckin lawyers (some not all, sorry terry) love to interfere and make a buck on any old thing.:rolleyes:

Yep, I agree with you both, dont get it.
This was my first review, but I was so disgusted at what the business owner did I want to warn the public

I think the best approach is to keep it about yourself - your own experience. Don't make it about them personally.

"I found ..."
"I didn't like ..."
"I would have liked ..."
"I did like ..."

NOT

"They were a bunch of ..."
"He is a complete ..."
"She needs to ..."

Certainly, keep emotive language out of it and don't make assertions of fact which are really just opinion.

How can freedom of speech and honest review of someones service be considered liable?

Review away, its word of mouth (now internet) that has always sorted the best from worst).

Feckin lawyers (some not all, sorry terry) love to interfere and make a buck on any old thing.:rolleyes:

Problem with the internet is it has given every idiot a podium to scream from.

If the service is really rotten and you feel ripped off and the person just does nothing to help you sure give a bad review. Too often though people go on these sites and slam a business over very trivial things. Recently someone gave my business a nasty one star review because something was missing from a box. We sent them the missing part the same day we found out but they still carry on. Is that woryh one star? Or another genius who pre ordered an item with the date of dispatch clearly on display and then proceeded to leave a bad review because they didn't get the item a week before it was meant to even dispatch?

Back