Rezoning Residential to Commercial

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help.
I want to rezone my house (which was once a shop) from residential to commercial but I want to engage someone to do it.
Has anyone done this before and could recommend someone to us.
We are in Melbourne.
Thanks

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help.
I want to rezone my house (which was once a shop) from residential to commercial but I want to engage someone to do it.
Has anyone done this before and could recommend someone to us.
We are in Melbourne.
Thanks

What is the current zoning for the area? The councill may be more lenient with your application based on the previous history of the site. I guess it will depend on what the street scape and surrounding area is like now though.

I would speak to your local council to get some info, and any local town planner should be able to give free advice.

I can remember where I used to live the zone went from resi to commercial / light industrial and then back to resi, so unfortunately I didn't do anything when it was commercial. (In hind sight, I would have been about 9yrs old.) So if I want to build a shop on it now (which I do), I have to wait for it to change zone.....or go through a fairly lengthy DA. The local counil is currently updating there strategic plan and will be due out in the next year, so I will wait and see what comes out. The good old state government are trying to increase densities in metropolitan areas of SEQld, so even if they don't move back to commercial zoning, I am sure they will increase the density for dwellings in the area, so will likely build some units on the plot. Have to wait and see.

Cheers,

F

Back