RHG, does anyone know what their interest rates are?

My mother has a loan with these _____.
It was a RAMS one that was sold off but it was almost paid off at the time, less than $10k then , she had retired and I suggested she keep it running so as to access money if it was ever needed.

I am wondering what their current interest rate is, but can find nothing on their website and I did download their fees pdf and I found nothing there either
http://www.rhgmortgages.com.au/our-loans/#zero

What option does a retiree have to refinance this to get it away from RHG, not so she can go out on a spending spree but just so it stays like it is now at about $5k but with access to some money if needed or is it not worth the effort given that repayments are only dollars/week?

I had a couple loans with RAMS many years ago which by default become RHG.

RAMS were good but when the loans book was sold off and became RHG - Thieving DOGS..

I refinanced away from them and was charged again by the Thieving DOGS... money well spent tho in the big scheme of things!

RHG rates?? Last I saw about 8%.

If refinancing she would need to be able to show servicing on her retirement income. So if she is an aged pensioner it probably wont be possible. If self funded it may be possible.

She could also consider putting in place a reverse mortgage and hold the funds in the loan as redraw but there are some pension considerations I think. There is also a high set up cost with these loans and rates are higher than normal so may not be worth it.

RHG rates?? Last I saw about 8%.

If refinancing she would need to be able to show servicing on her retirement income. So if she is an aged pensioner it probably wont be possible.
Thats what I thought so in this case probably better off keeping the facility open with the thieving dogs as Rixter puts it (they stung me as well :mad:)

She could also consider putting in place a reverse mortgage and hold the funds in the loan as redraw but there are some pension considerations I think. There is also a high set up cost with these loans and rates are higher than normal so may not be worth it.
Thanks and noted.

They recently started trying to hold onto their book, (as opposed to jacking up their rates and fees to make people who cold move away) so their rates are likely to be a lot better.

They will most likely be better still if your mum gives them a call and bluffs them into thinking she is going to discharge.....

I had a couple loans with RAMS many years ago which by default become RHG.

RAMS were good but when the loans book was sold off and became RHG - Thieving DOGS..

I refinanced away from them and was charged again by the Thieving DOGS... money well spent tho in the big scheme of things!

Had the same experience :(

currently 6.30%

Where did you find that MTR?

Back