Rich Dad coaching experiences?

Graeme, That''s what I was talking about.... but having said that, it was the first such book I read and it worked for me..

Wow, those management fees are killers in disguise.

Slightly off topic, but an article tipped up on the FT over the weekend about hedge funds and their returns:

FT said:
Between 1998 and 2010, the book shows, even on favourable assumptions hedge fund managers earned an estimated $379bn in fees, out of total investment gains (before fees) of $449bn. In other words, they took 84 per cent of the investment profits their funds made, leaving just 16 per cent for the investors.

Sounds like a distinct case of the principal-agent problem...

Jaycee, here's a handy summary of Rich Dad, Poor Dad. It supports my opinion that most of the content can be easily condensed.

Lizzie, here's a PDF of the Richest Man in Babylon.

Thanks for the Graeme ... just finished reading it.

Sigh - if only my exuberance and arrogance of youth had toned down so I learnt the lessons both RDPD and Babylon taught :eek:

Not to late tho! As for the story ... RDPD was much easier to read, grasp the concept, had more detail and related more to real life in this age - even if they do tell the same tale.

I recently read RK's updated version of Cashflow Quadrant. I found a lot of useful ideas in it and it re-motivated me to pursue my financial goals. I was a bit troubled that he was so disparaging of wage earners, as I believe that very few people have the skills/drive/risk tolerance to start a successful business. For the rest of us, I reckon that getting a decent education and a secure job is a good strategy for generating the initial capital & cashflow to start investing.

nah - touche Jaycee! :D

Actually - can't tell you if it's like Richest Man in Babylon. I didn't make it much past the first chapter as found RMIB boring ... whereas RDPD has me rivited.

Maybe it was more a case of timing ... should rebuy RMIB for another try.

Opposite for me, still haven't been able to finish RDPD after several attempts (may have to take it on a long trip away) , though I did read all of his RDPD property riches book with Dolf De Roo's

RMIB I have read several times, as with Noel Whittakers books

Back