Richmastery/ Esc forum

Recently I see ESC/ Richmastery has started there own forum on property investing. I decided to register ( geeze what a mission that was) and join in. I have since come across a couple of problems.

1- They claim to be one of the largest and active property forums in Australasia. Currently with only 9 posts I fail to see how this could be true. the australian based somersoft forum has 82,000 posts and New Zealand based property talk has hundreds.

2- Also a common question on many forums is who do others use for there research. I posted a post on the new ESC forum with several links of resources for other investors which I have personally used and recommend eg. where to go for the latest interest rates, what property finder agents are available etc.. It appears after several attempts at posting the post it would always get deleted. Now my access to the forum has been blocked. I have not been emailed from Esc on why my post was deleted or my access blocked.

I am aware the forum has financial interests from Richmastery/ Esc and feel I may have been moderated.

Dear Whitt,

Thanks for the constructive input on the ESC forum.

I am a firm believer in voting with your feet and your contributions here are always welcomed.

Which forum do you think will be around in 2-3+ years time?
How many people do you think the Somersoft forum has helped?

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Originally posted by Sunstone
Which forum do you think will be around in 2-3+ years time?
How many people do you think the Somersoft forum has helped?
I'd say the first question will be easy to answer :)
but the 2nd ? Not only how many, but also how often for each of those helped :) Will the answer be in hundreds or thousands ?

How many guests get valuable info, but are never seen ?

Dear ABCD,

Will the answer be in hundreds or thousands ?

With 2,561 members as of two seconds ago............. I would be confident to say amount of people helped would be in excess of 10,000++.

How many guests get valuable info, but are never seen ?

The question is how to help a lurker take the next step? How to help/flick a switch to get a lurker to take action and start actively participating in the forum?

Mrs Bird hit the nail on the head with the thread that motivated one to join.

What can we do to ignite more of the flames inside?

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Hi Sunstone

You will probably find that many people are not confident in entering the forum for various reasons, including:

A) Fear of thinking that their questions are silly, when in reality, if it is a genuine question from the asker, it is not silly. This is where new posters can be treated with more consideration than other experienced posters would be.

B) Inability to type meaningful sentences :) I had an employee once who was terrible at typing, or writing anything down in a way that could be understood, but was great verbally. He helped me to run my company in the UK, but cost me a fortune in phone calls to try to find out what his emails meant :D

Maybe a new thread could be started to mention these things, and any others, to lurkers, to convince them to give it a try ?

I'm a lurker on the forum and have been for a few years. I think this forum has been the best thing that has happened to me and my investing experience. I'm 26 now and have 3 IP's and a great deal more knowledge to help me on my path to financial independence.

Every afternoon I come home from work and go straight to the computer to fill my mind with as much info as I can. There seems to be such a great community of people here who all contribute so much to the forum, I could list names, but there would be too many.

As abcdiamond said, I think the reason I have not contributed much is because of the lack of confidence in myself and that I think my questions or answers may be silly or not educated enough.

Hopefully I will contribute more as I get more comfortable doing it. I do feel I have been lurking long enough and should participate more often.

I have such a high respect for so many of the regulars who give so much and aspire to be like them one day and help others like me in the future.

And Sunstone, I don't think you or any other forumites can do any more than what you do now to ignite the flames within ones like myself. I think us lurkers must take that step ourselves when we overcome our fears.

I don't know why it is so hard, I thought the hardest fear to overcome for most is that of purchasing their first IP.

Speaking of Richmastery. I bought their software about a year ago. It was supposed to solve all my property investment problems. Cost me about a grand. It turned out to be a bunch of Excel spreadsheets of very poor quality. I could do better spreadsheets in 15 minutes. People who know their Excel often post much better spreadsheets on this forum free of charge. And Richmastery product was full of errors. E.g. building depreciation was diminishing.

There's only one true forum

Picking up on stevec's comments, I too am a lurker but have posted a couple of requests for help. I've recently settled on my first IP and can only mirror stevec, this forum is by far the most valuable information resource I have come across.

While reading about the demise of Henry Kaye I felt good about the fact that I have been able to spot vultures like him thanks to the knowledge sharing of this forum.

I've bought various books along the way, Jan's of course being one, but the topical nature of this forum can't be captured in a book.

It's interesting that Richmastery moderated someone out, that opens up its true intent to question.

Thank you to all the regular posters, I assure you I will contribute as I build my own knowledge and gain confidence. Believe me, this forum has lit my fire and I'm sure it has done so for thousands of others.

Trump
:)

It's is great to hear from you guys. You guys have IP's. Many lurkers/readers dont have any, they keep reading, butr not doing. The only way to get confident is to have a go and then share your experiences which adds to your confidence and helps US ALL as a whole. Keep sharing and reading and learning.

Back