Ridiculous real estate spiels

PG, that Carlisle one looked great, until I realised you only get half of it.

Are they for real? You can buy a new villa or townhouse closer to the city for the same price.

PG, that Carlisle one looked great, until I realised you only get half of it.

Are they for real? You can buy a new villa or townhouse closer to the city for the same price.
It is overpriced for sure. Me and the vendor are $10k apart on this one and I am prepared to walk away over $10k.

Translations

Some real estate advertisement translations...
real-estate-ad-terminology1.jpg

Wonder what a non genuine sale is, "oh we thought we would just list it, get someone to fall in love with it and want to buy it, just to take it off the market to see the looks on their faces for laughs"?
Non-genuine sale. I don't really want to sell my house but I really like money. So I will like my house for $150k above market and see what happens

I doubt that many of the listings on RE.com.au are practical jokes. Although, this one could be:

http://reiwa.com.au/Buy/Pages/More-...1&listingid=10430776&listingno=3432600&puid=0

"From $589,000" and it is in a shocking state. I would be ashamed of myself if I put a house up for sale in that state... especially at that price.

By negotiation - doesn't everyone negotiate on price?
Sale by set date, EOI, and auctions don't involve negotiating on price. Personally, I love the negotiation process. The only time I have not negotiated was when I was selling my unit in Mandurah. I got an offer so close to asking that I couldn't argue.

Auctions do involve negotiating, you negotiate with yourself as to whether you will pay more! Also involves negotiation with the highest bidder if the property is passed in.

Not sure what the sale by set date means . doesn't it mean if the vendor has a number of offers and they are way below what they hoped to achieve, do they have to sell the property by the set date? Been wondering about that one.

EOI - isn't that just another way of saying you tell us what the property is worth to you (ie a range of buyers) and we'll then set a price, or accept an offer? Surely there is negotiation involved in this?

In post war London, estate agent Roy Brooks was famous for his warts and all adverts:

DARKEST PIMLICO. A large Victorian family house, entrance flanked by pillars, pathetically waits for purchaser. The bath shrouded by thickening dust. Torn up by its roots the missing geyser leaves a gaping hole?. Groping in the basement (3 rooms), our intrepid representative stumbled against an ancient brick copper: presumably the kitchen. Long 80 yrs. lse. G.R. ?60 p.a. A gift at ?6,990.

http://vulpeslibris.wordpress.com/2013/10/16/lost-property-a-random-and-two-reviews/

Said house would probably now be in mid seven digits!

Back