Right time, right place ? Deception Bay, QLD

All opinions on this forum are valid at lease on certain degree based on the positions who raises the opinions.

An average Syndey property will be 12 M, but in 70 years time.

Based on that, I don't think DBay will be having the same price in 70 years time, as today.

Please find some evidences to be against my argument:
Most suburbs, including DBay, in Brisbane, have the same growth rate in the last 20 years.

However, the unpopular areas are always lagging for the capital growth for up to 2 years. This theory is invalid in Sydney thought because the boom starting from the traditional unpopular areas this time.

Thus, the topic saying "The right time" might be an issue. However, if holding the property for another 10 years, I don't think it is a bad investment.

In saying that, the smart investor will buy in the popular areas first, then move into unpopular later.

For myself, I don't really care what is hot or not. I simply go into contract in Salisbury ( block can be subdivided), Cleveland (cheap price, 6% return, Wellington point (7% return on 808 square meter land), and Maroochydore (5% return, but will be retired place)within one month.

I am thinking to sell in Sydney in order to reduce the land tax.

One less after I got out few months back. I can't speak for the suburb's future but I'm glad I got out, be it about 3 years after I wanted to.

Held my house for 9 years and was the most trouble of any property I have owned. Bad run of tenants, complacent, expensive, lazy PM and nothing special about the area other than cheap. Exacerbated by not being a local.

Got greedy at the peak of the market and didn't sell then. Then took forever to get the next offer, which fell thought. Still a lot on market as mentioned, perhaps there is a bargain to be found. It will be come good, again.

Hi twodogs..was your property new? also am looking at Higgs St, a new t/house at 300k, do you think its a good buy for the price?
Hi Allen, what is your opinion on a new t/house under NRAS (will provide guaranteed income for 10yrs of +ve c/flow) and your view on CG for that area? Appreciate your feedback folks.

No, built in 1996 and not well :(

As for CG, I did OK, would have done better if I could have sold. I suspect that CG this area does move in waves, perhaps you may catch the next one. Lower priced areas do often get a boost from investors and FHB as is the case here in Sydney.

Back