Ringwood, VIC - CG Gain Prospects

The apartment was $425K but with a few alterations/improvement it came to $428K. Rent will be around the $375-400 mark, current rent for comparable apartments range between $360-390 so in 8-12mths time when mine more than likely will be finished it could be around $375-400 mark. As it's OTP we have only been given an estimate on body corporate rates and have been told around $1200 a year.
Hope that helps a little :)

It's amazing I understand Ringwood (a better dandenong?) but don't understand Croydon it is an absolute hole. Berwick is a real jewel (lived here for 16yrs) and is only 8km further out than Croydon and is far better placed for transport to the cbd.

It's the only suburb on a major trainline and in the heart of a corridor that has the atmoshpere of a "bush suburb". The best part about Berwick is all the infastructure is offset to Narre Warren and the clyde rd casey south sprawler areas keeping the estates rather safe and quiet. The Edrington and Olde Berwick area's are completely offset to all the development crap that starts on the other side of the freeway down clyde rd. good 2km buffer thank god (I live here and "eden rise" and "casey central" have almost as much noise pollution as inner suburbs). Lot of people like renting here too (which some here would find surprising).

The thing most people don't understand about this suburb is it's infastructure, the town is 1800's and commercial riff raff is wanted to be 2 minutes down the road (at either westfield or eden rise, your choice). The village street has many top cafes/resturants (the local pizza shop even won the good food and wine expo!!).

I don't think the Chinese will go out as far as Croydon? I've seen many in Berwick but I'm not holding my breath no one seems to like how far away we are. It is frustrating though as all the other bush suburbs are usually "north" of their respective corridors.

Some Chinese who can't afford the vastly popular suburbs like Box Hill, Glen Waverley, Mount Waverley, Burwood etc. regard some suburbs as "transit" suburbs until they can afford one in aforementioned list.

I've known many now who live in Glenny to have hailed from likes of Rowville, Knox, Clayton, Dandenong etc.

Back