RIP,Mr Ken Talbot..

Yep, with the whole board on board......pun intended :rolleyes: how common is it to have all board members on the same flight?

There is a de facto board now running the show for the short term, and whilst this was not a large cap operation, are there protocols that other public companies use to mitigate just this very scenario?

I have heard that very, VERY, VERY wealthy families do not all travel on the same flight to mitigate such risk.

Sad loss in any case for all involved and their families :(

There is a de facto board now running the show for the short term, and whilst this was not a large cap operation, are there protocols that other public companies use to mitigate just this very scenario?
:(
I'm not sure how it works,but he was the deal maker on all levels very hard to replace someone like that,they will but their capital value price may well suffer short term,pity the real standout in the miners have to go into the unknown os ,when Australia is full on everything the world wants..willair,,

It is sad for the Company to lose so much of its talent in the same event.

I think the media need to be taken to task about their statements about the prolonged repatriation, hyping the information that it was going to months to retrieve the bodies; thereby prolonging the anguish for family and friends. Within the day we hear that everyone has been retrieved, identified and taken to an appropriate place.

It is a tragedy, but I hate the way the media milk it for such things - it is bad enough without doing this, and making themselves part of the situation.

He was highly regarded, and as the news said last night a few times, generous to a fault.

At least he won't be rooming with Gordon Nuttall now.

Quite bizarre they broke company policy and all got on the same plane, especially there. I doubt a whole board will ever do that again.

It is sad for the Company to lose so much of its talent in the same event.

I think the media need to be taken to task about their statements about the prolonged repatriation, hyping the information that it was going to months to retrieve the bodies; thereby prolonging the anguish for family and friends. Within the day we hear that everyone has been retrieved, identified and taken to an appropriate place.

It is a tragedy, but I hate the way the media milk it for such things - it is bad enough without doing this, and making themselves part of the situation.

i dont think they have been found yet, that story was incorrect.

I also heard that this particular airline was banned from operating in Europe.
Stats regarding plane crashes with this airline were mentioned but I can not recall numbers but it was very high.

MTR

Back