RIP PennyK

For those of you who don't yet know I'm sad to pass on the news that PennyK lost her battle with cancer earlier this week, after a very long illness. She was a longtime member of this forum (since 2003) and always seemed like such an optimist in both her outlook on life and her attitude. She will be missed.
RIP Penny and Condolences to the whole family.

I'm in shock. I did wonder how her health really was, but she was always so upbeat and positive, that hearing this just has me shocked.

Condolences to her family. What an amazing lady she was.

I thought I saw her posts recently. She always seemed sensible and not hesitant to raise her opinion.
Condolences anyone who knows her.

I feel a genuine sense of loss for her.

Like most I only "know" her from her posts on SS, yet the respect she gave, the experiences she shared and the determination she displayed while so ill, could only generate respect for her.

Like the others, I am shocked and saddened by this.

She's been living with this for two years and has always been so positive:
Sometimes life throws a curve ball

From all of us who have benefited from her positive attitude with the illness (even coping with the taunts of those who have an answer to everything), as well as positive postings in the forum, our sympathy and best wishes to those who have been left behind.

For those of you who don't yet know I'm sad to pass on the news that PennyK lost her battle with cancer earlier this week, after a very long illness. She was a longtime member of this forum (since 2003) and always seemed like such an optimist in both her outlook on life and her attitude. She will be missed.
RIP Penny and Condolences to the whole family

Hello Jacque

Thanks for letting us know

Penny had a dry sense of humour and really worked well with all people. She loved her family, her friends, her work and she just really loved to travel!

Her career was significant, and she travelled the world representing a major health appliance company at the highest level

A few months ago, I wrote to her asking for some suggestions for a friend who was experience some health problems, and Penny wrote back with great detail and lots of handy hints.

A few years ago, Penny lost more than 40 kilos on the Cohen’s program, and was totally transformed into a smart, stylish, slender and fashionable 'Woman of the World'. I remember her saying that she was offered a significant promotion not long after finishing the weight loss program. The promotion was going to involve moving the whole family to Japan, an idea which had real appeal to the globe-trotting Penny!

Penny showed great care towards all those whose path she crossed. She always responded to private messages and was generous with sharing her knowledge. We know her best as a property investor, but there was of course significantly more to her than that.

Penny had only recently dealt with the selling of her Mother's properties and the sale and purchase of her own family home. She was very excited about the new home and was looking forward to sharing it with her husband and children for many years to come

I am saddened to hear of her early death which, although not unexpected, nevertheless such news always comes as a shock

Mike and I extend our heartfelt sympathy to her Family at this difficult time.

Kristine

Very sad indeed. To get lung cancer when you have never smoked and at such an early age is tough. Reminds me a lot of Christopher Reeves wife.

RIP

Oh no, how sad. I didn't know her that well but she always seemed so positive and full of life.

Condolences to her family and friends :(

Back