RIP PennyK

I remember reading her curve ball thread and wondering when visiting the forum how she was doing, I like many thought she was doing ok and didn't realise how ill she was.
She certainly is an inspiration to all with her strength and positive attitude when facing a tough enemy. I'm sure her family and friends willl miss her greatly but will also find comfort in remembering her wonderful spirit, the grace and courage she lived by.

News like this certainly does make you stop in your tracks and count your blessings.

RIP Penny

Like the others, I am shocked and saddened by this.

She's been living with this for two years and has always been so positive:
Sometimes life throws a curve ball

From all of us who have benefited from her positive attitude with the illness (even coping with the taunts of those who have an answer to everything), as well as positive postings in the forum, our sympathy and best wishes to those who have been left behind.

This is tremendously sad.:(

Penny joined the same time as me. Penny's posts have always been measured, intelligent, enlightened and fun with a women perspective thrown in.

Penny last contacted me personally in April via kudo re a post I did on France lifestyle shown here http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=901344#post901344. Penny replied with a post abut her trip to Italy and even knowing it was her last days her kudo said "I think I'll book my flights!"

Well Penny, you did not make that flight but in 4 weeks my wife and I are in Paris. So on the banks of the Seine with the sun shining, in the shadow of the Eiffel tower, I will fill three glasses with Champagne and we will make a toast to your memory and pour your glass into that famous river. Another goal achieved!

God Bless You Penny and Condolences to your Family.

Peter

So sad to hear this! She was such a positive person and always wrote thoughtful posts. She generously wrote about her personal experiences and family. Her poor family :(

Oh No! I'm shocked and saddened to read this terrible news. I knew Penny had cancer but I never knew she was so ill. She was a quality person and I will miss seeing her post on Somersoft.

I've just come back from a property investor catch-up in Sydney, 4 of us present were from SS. Really shocked and saddened to hear about Penny's passing, always thought she was someone I'd like to meet in person one day and such a shame, that did not happen sooner.

Jacque, thanks for letting us know and Kristine, thanks for those wonderful personal insights. Might be an idea for someone to touch base with her family and pass on our condolences and sympathies. It will be good for them to read about the impact Penny had on the wider SS family and the legacy she left.

RIP Penny, we will surely miss you.

Amelia

Dear All

We fly to Paris tonight and arrive Wednesday AUS time. Expect to see a few pictures re below commitment during the week or weekend.

Regards to all, Peter 14.7

This is tremendously sad.:(

Penny joined the same time as me. Penny's posts have always been measured, intelligent, enlightened and fun with a women perspective thrown in.

Penny last contacted me personally in April via kudo re a post I did on France lifestyle shown here http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=901344#post901344. Penny replied with a post abut her trip to Italy and even knowing it was her last days her kudo said "I think I'll book my flights!"

Well Penny, you did not make that flight but in 4 weeks my wife and I are in Paris. So on the banks of the Seine with the sun shining, in the shadow of the Eiffel tower, I will fill three glasses with Champagne and we will make a toast to your memory and pour your glass into that famous river. Another goal achieved!

God Bless You Penny and Condolences to your Family.

Peter

Wow just came across this thread,never knew penny was sick.My mother also passed in the same week.My condolences to Penny's family and friends.

Dear All

We fly to Paris tonight and arrive Wednesday AUS time. Expect to see a few pictures re below commitment during the week or weekend.

Regards to all, Peter 14.7

Its been a year since Penny left us. She was a lovely person - it would be really nice if you could post those pics in her memory.

Dear All

I apologise for small pictures but if you click on them they enlarge.

So here we are a Penny's Trip to Paris she deserved.

First Penny would arrive evening and want to see the City. What Better way that a city tour in Classic French Car, the 2CV.

IMG_0645.jpg

At night

IMG_0625.jpg

As drive past Notre Dame.

Back